96 Vic build

you are in spartenburg huh? I'm about 50min away. may have to meet up if the OP is close also. Planning on going to the spring bling thing at the anderson speedway?
I was looking at that earlier today. I really wanna hit some outta town shows but 3 hours i a bit much for me. Especially heading up north, dont know how thick the car

scence is. Now I'll take a 3 hour trip to Florida cause I know the show gone be flooded with hot rides. If yall decide to go take pics and post them cuz lol

My sub is 2500w. Those zzz amps are 1 ohm stable so after rise I can gurantee they are seeing 1k. I'm tuned to 33hz and it loves the lows, my hatch hates it but I love it.
Are you talking about the ZX amps or does Kicker have another line of amps out. My two 08 Kicker ZX1500.1's are rated at being ONLY 2ohm stable but Im running

them lower than normal. Which I spoke with Aziz from Kicker and he told me it was fine as long as my frequency was turn down on the amps

Are you talking about the ZX amps or does Kicker have another line of amps out. My two 08 Kicker ZX1500.1's are rated at being ONLY 2ohm stable but Im runningthem lower than normal. Which I spoke with Aziz from Kicker and he told me it was fine as long as my frequency was turn down on the amps
They have neweer lines now. I have learned to not listen to any of the kicker techs. Just a heads up.

**** that **** looks good as f***....... got me thinking bout what i wanna do with my 95......... and i would agree with sacsking916 about just going with two solo's think about it the more speakers the more air each speaker will need not saying it aint gonna slam but you know just like anybody knows about the early 90's model we are very limited on air space thats why i rolled with 2 memphis quad 1 subs now gotta find a amp to push these bad boys had a power acoustik 5500 a lot of people give me h*** about them but at a car and bike show this past sunday in albany,ga my front windshield was flexin when a dude came up and said how much for the system i told him its not for sale proud of my system but mad cause amp blew same day...lol

They have neweer lines now. I have learned to not listen to any of the kicker techs. Just a heads up.
I had pretty good result as far as listening to them. They gave me the box design for my current setup which yield good results. Unless you know something

I dont let me know whats up. Their techs are pretty helpful to me

**** that **** looks good as f***....... got me thinking bout what i wanna do with my 95......... and i would agree with sacsking916 about just going with two solo's think about it the more speakers the more air each speaker will need not saying it aint gonna slam but you know just like anybody knows about the early 90's model we are very limited on air space thats why i rolled with 2 memphis quad 1 subs now gotta find a amp to push these bad boys had a power acoustik 5500 a lot of people give me h*** about them but at a car and bike show this past sunday in albany,ga my front windshield was flexin when a dude came up and said how much for the system i told him its not for sale proud of my system but mad cause amp blew same day...lol
Lol I know all to well about the air space too. I agree witcha cuz, cause I dont like to see trunk cars cram with subwoofers and dont have adequate air space. The most I would do in my trunk is 4 12's ported, 2 15's ported, or 6 12's sealed, but im more of a ported guy sooo..Got some fellas round my way hyping a dude up cause he got like 8 12's (not all the same brand) in a box chevy. That trunk flexing and rattling dont mean nothing to me. I've been doing car audio for too long to be impressed by noise. I was to a show couple weeks back and me and this dude with a chevy was battling for the soundoff trophy. So he turn his system on, all you heard was trunk rattle no flex at all. So when I turned up mine, I had minimal rattle and alot of trunk flex cause my trunk and rear deck is dynamatted. I had a few guys standing at the back of the car saying yo car aint bamming like his car, but the crowd that was standing by the doors and in the front of the car, they felt the ground tremble and hi and mids where killin it. So making long story short, majority said I won, but dude was mad cause my hi and mids was drowning out his whole system. So what they did was they got one of the females that was hosting the car show, to sit in me and buddy car, windows up music going. Old girl had her ear covered with just the mid and hi's playin, and when bass notes started dropping she was reachin for the door latch. Hahaha in buddy car she was just sittin in there lol. All that trunk rattle and no music on the inside pish

you are in spartenburg huh? I'm about 50min away. may have to meet up if the OP is close also. Planning on going to the spring bling thing at the anderson speedway?
I dont think the OP is as close as we are to each other. When is this event?

Lol I never had a problem wit my 3 solo 12's breaking latches. I think cause you had your subs on the two side shelves. But yeah I know it will be pretty loud, I was hittin 143 db's with the 3. Vic trunk are unlike any other trunk I know but subs and port up is really the only option I know for 4 12's. Hey if you have any

pics of the inside postem up cuz wanna see how you have your kicker speakers staged.
I just cut out holes in the door panels and mounted the speakers in there. Doesn't look as good as yours but its good enough.
100_0982.jpg

This is how my box was facing and what it done to my latch.

100_0992.jpg

100_0991.jpg

100_0990.jpg

100_0988.jpg

Your doors clean man lol just clean and simple.Yeah you've done some damage to that latch. I never seen 4 12's in a Vic like that especially ported, how does it sound in the cabin of the car and what is your box tuned to.

Thanks. It sounded great. It was a low note monster, thus the broken trunk latches. lol. I have a rectangular port cut in my rear deck so the air could come freely into the cabin. It was pretty loud flexed doors, windshield, shook ear drums, blurred vision, etc. you know the symptoms of loud. lol. This was the first latch that broke. Not only did the latches break but I kept having to get the metal that holds the latch welded because it kept splitting. The box was 7.8 cubes after displacements tuned to 33hz.

JESUS BRO. You put some WORK into that vic. I would have done **** different but I totally appreciate all that work you did!

I have a Grand marquis (newer style). All I did was add subs and run 1/0 and a single din headunit.

How much was that alt?

And how much of a ***** is that to take apart the dash? I wanna do the same thing for a double din (mines not 03) but that seems like a PAIN. I read that you can dremel it out, but I dont wanna do that

Thanks. It sounded great. It was a low note monster' date=' thus the broken trunk latches. lol. I have a rectangular port cut in my rear deck so the air could come freely into the cabin. It was pretty loud flexed doors, windshield, shook ear drums, blurred vision, etc. you know the symptoms of loud. lol. This was the first latch that broke. Not only did the latches break but I kept having to get the metal that holds the latch welded because it kept splitting. The box was 7.8 cubes after displacements tuned to 33hz.[/quote']
Shoot I bet it was. But yeah I havent cut a port in the rear deck yet but I took out my 6x9's to get a feel for the sound pressure. Either Im lucky or they made my

trunk outta some other type of metal lol. Oh I cant talk too fast tho my trunk is starting to split where the hinges are. I see that you changed your setup, so you

running kicker comps now.

JESUS BRO. You put some WORK into that vic. I would have done **** different but I totally appreciate all that work you did!
I have a Grand marquis (newer style). All I did was add subs and run 1/0 and a single din headunit.

How much was that alt?

And how much of a ***** is that to take apart the dash? I wanna do the same thing for a double din (mines not 03) but that seems like a PAIN. I read that you can dremel it out, but I dont wanna do that
Thanks cuz, yes I must admit, everytime I look at the thread it reminds me of all the work I did lol. That alternator is 450. I'll tell you like this, if you dont have patience

dont mess with the dash. Man whoever design dashes made sure they wasnt gone to move. Then I had to drop 2 dashes, one to get the other air duct and mine to take the old air duct out and put the new one in. The part that had me nervous was after I got it painted and I had to put it back in by myself. If you have a 03 and up Merc

or Vic they already have the double din opening so you straight.

Shoot I bet it was. But yeah I havent cut a port in the rear deck yet but I took out my 6x9's to get a feel for the sound pressure. Either Im lucky or they made my trunk outta some other type of metal lol. Oh I cant talk too fast tho my trunk is starting to split where the hinges are. I see that you changed your setup, so you

running kicker comps now.
If I were you I would cut a port in your rear deck it will definitely help the air travel into the cabin. Your trunk maybe made of a different kind of metal. Mine is a 94 same as 92 and 93. 95-97's are a little different than mine and 98+ is the newer body style. Yeah I went to a smaller temp setup. Looking at running 2 10's ported on 1500 watts under my rear deck. Just looking to sound good and have a little more outputI've been loud enough for my liking. That stuff was too heavy and I had not trunk space, so I could not take this car out of town with my family. I guess im getting old. lol.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.