91 Skyline GTR Build Log

heres a pic //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

n130600353_30097967_2738.jpg

should be able to see the RB26 on the front of the motor

its a little easier for me to remember since these cars are all over up here. and everyone(jdm gfan bois) is anticipating this coming year when the R33's are legal for import

hah i wouldnt say he deserved to die....but i mean he could have killed my friend, his mechanic, some old lady walking her dog, me, or anyone else who could have been there or any other place he could have crashed into. not to mention the others in his vehicle.

i will have pics up later...

just had someone post this in my thread on a local car forum...

Date: Mon Oct 15 15:58:28 2007

Subject: PA/MRU #07-485 TRAFFIC COLLISION FATALITY

-----BEGIN MD5 -----------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------

CITYBEAT - CITY OF CALGARY PRESS RELEASE

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Police are investigating a fatal single vehicle collision

that occurred early this morning.

On Monday, October 15, 2007, at approximately 1:15 a.m., a

man was operating a Pontiac Grand AM southbound on Elbow

Drive at 49 Street S.W., when he lost control and struck a

light standard.

The vehicle then spun around and struck a parked vehicle in a

service station parking lot, before coming to rest.

A small fire was extinguished by the Calgary Fire Department.

The driver was transported to hospital by EMS with life

-threatening injuries, while the passenger was treated for

minor injuries.

It is believed that speed was a factor in this collision.

The driver of the vehicle has since succumbed to his

injuries. His name will be released by the Office of the

Chief Medical Examiner at a later time.

The Calgary Police Service Traffic Investigation Unit

continues to investigate.

RELEASED BY THE PUBLIC AFFAIRS/MEDIA RELATIONS UNIT FOR

S/SGT. BRETT MARKLUND OF THE TRAFFIC SECTION.

yea, it sure does ****.

im thinking the damage may not be as bad as i thought. i was thinking it was a direct hit, but since the car only spun into it, maybe its only cosmetic damage. then again, with my friends luck with this car, it is probably bad

Just to help all the confusion, all GT-R Skylines were AWD and came with the same motor (RB26DETT).

As for this statement:

Also can't believe a stereo install before performance on that thing. But whatever floats. Tight ass car. I heard they were trying to ban then in the US at one point. To fast for the streets and to many people killed in them. What do ya'll have in store for the motor
This is way off. They never 'banned' Skylines , in general, from street use. The R34 (1999+) Skylines were not compatible with our OBD2 emission laws and safety regulations, but a company in California that specialized in importing them (MotoRex) never seized importation and conversion. They were slapped with a law suit and no longer import them. It has NOTHING to do with them 'being too fast and killing people'. Skylines are more than legal, people just don't have the money to make them streetable. You have the price of the car, the finders fee, shipping and the conversion fees. Rounding roughly to an easy $90,000-$115,000 for an R34 to be legally registered in the US. I think Cananda gets away with it because they have that.. What is it, 10-years and it's considered 'North American' or something along those lines.

Nice build though, nonetheless. Looks like a fun job!

-Bill-

Just to help all the confusion, all GT-R Skylines were AWD and came with the same motor (RB26DETT).
As for this statement:

This is way off. They never 'banned' Skylines , in general, from street use. The R34 (1999+) Skylines were not compatible with our OBD2 emission laws and safety regulations, but a company in California that specialized in importing them (MotoRex) never seized importation and conversion. They were slapped with a law suit and no longer import them. It has NOTHING to do with them 'being too fast and killing people'. Skylines are more than legal, people just don't have the money to make them streetable. You have the price of the car, the finders fee, shipping and the conversion fees. Rounding roughly to an easy $90,000-$115,000 for an R34 to be legally registered in the US. I think Cananda gets away with it because they have that.. What is it, 10-years and it's considered 'North American' or something along those lines.

Nice build though, nonetheless. Looks like a fun job!

-Bill-
Not all skyline gtrs came with the same engine. i do belive the nismo edition has a different one..

and yes, its 15 years here until you can import legally. well register legally

and like promised...pictures.

http://www.shanedumont.ca/GTR/crashed/

i will kep this updated. hes not sure of the fate of the car. if there is frame damage and its written off. its new skyline time. a cookie for someone who can guess which one it would be replaced with //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/greedy.gif.5a53e6246569d7ab79867170f3b06629.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.