2003 Civic Sedan - Looking for 150

firing sub up in trunk doesn't that cause more rattle?
I've got 3 layers of deadener on my trunk lid. But if you're going to get loud in a trunk, you'll never get rid of all the rattles.

Slow afternoon at work today, so had time to do a little more testing.

Making the port 1 inch longer got me a .6 db gain sealed. Making the port as short as possible got me a .6 db gain outlaw.

Soooo close to 150 I can taste it!

Sub/slot port forward is off .2ish from my slot ported sub up port forward setup. That may be different with an aero port, but comparing slotted to slotted, it did not do good.

I've tried every possible combination except port into the corner of the trunk. Sub up port forward has beat everything by .1 to 3 full dB's.

Based on testing, just dropping box volume a hair will get me the 50. So will reconing to 1 ohm (.5 per amp).

Will be doing both of those soon. Shooting for a 50 sealed after I get it outlaw.

No updates to the car just yet, but...

Went to my second competition and placed 1st in both classes. Trunk 0-2500 watts and Trunk Hardcore (outlaw class). In the 0-2500 class, on my first pass I broke out by going over the power limit. Got a retry and the tone ended quicker than I expected, so I didn't get to roll into it as much as I wanted. Scored 145.5 which was good enough for the win.

Hardcore, I beat the best score I've done with my testing by .1, and scored a 149.9!

My friend that went and competed for his first time took 2nd place in his class as well.

nice dude!! u gotta stop by and let me hear it for 2 mins sometime.. i'll be in yard raking sticks about 1:30 tomorrow..
Unfortunately, I won't have time today. I'll get with you soon though.

subs/port forward gets rid of the rattles....and sounds best IMO...
Yes it does. It sounds even better when the box is sealed from the trunk. But it isn't even close to being loudest for me. I compete. Numbers are more important than a rattle outside the car. I do what I can to minimize them, but it is what it is.

Why not strap amps at .5 if chasing numbers?
You mean like I said on post 33?

Will be ordering a recone tomorrow so I can run the amps strapped at 1 ohm (.5 ohm per amp).
Or did you literally mean strap them at .5 so they'll see .25 each? If this is what you mean, the amps don't like it and immediately go into protect.

omg that thing i loud he just left my house., he had his sunday going to church port in 145db and back door looked like it was about to come off and that was real real music, not test stuff...

It'll burp around a 47-48 with that port in it....just does 45 on music with that port. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

The port I use specifically for burping with though...that one that'll do a 50...it's tuned so high there's not much music I can play with it. It's tuned around 46hz or so. Daily port is tuned around 32.

It'll burp around a 47-48 with that port in it....just does 45 on music with that port. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
The port I use specifically for burping with though...that one that'll do a 50...it's tuned so high there's not much music I can play with it. It's tuned around 46hz or so. Daily port is tuned around 32.
my pioneer and autotek system didn't hurt u did it?

Or did you literally mean strap them at .5 so they'll see .25 each? If this is what you mean, the amps don't like it and immediately go into protect.
Yes I meant .25ohm per amp, you can't unpause burp, you have to slowly roll up the volume. I did that with 4 old AQ3500's on 3 junk batts and got decent numbers before protecting. Watch vid to see how slowly I rolled up the volume...not pretty but it worked.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.