How Do I Make My Build Less Peaky 2003 Mustang

Don't have a way to model it in a program like WinISD
Again, not like it matters for your application since you haven't got much flexibility in where and how big you can build and sealed box is pretty forgiving provided it's airtight and doesn't flex.

Most decent subs should offer suggested box specs too and you probably won't go too far wrong just going that way.

Again, not like it matters for your application since you haven't got much flexibility in where and how big you can build and sealed box is pretty forgiving provided it's airtight and doesn't flex.

Most decent subs should offer suggested box specs too and you probably won't go too far wrong just going that way.
Ok. How would I go about reinforcing a prefab sealed box with out taking up too much airspace? I imagine a 30 pound sub on 1200 watts is easily going to flex 3/4 mdf with no internal bracing

Ok. How would I go about reinforcing a prefab sealed box with out taking up too much airspace? I imagine a 30 pound sub on 1200 watts is easily going to flex 3/4 mdf with no internal bracing
Might not even be an issue if you don't have any really big panels on it. Otherwise dowels or threaded rod across your wide panels would be the simplest and cheapest. Painting the inside with fiberglass resin or epoxy should add strength and ensure it is all completely airtight but is messy and not cheap. I'd say that if panels are less than 18" you probably won't need to worry about bracing from where you are.

Really unless the box is made out of concrete, granite, steel, or way over-built you will probably have some flexing but if you don't have any really large sides it should be enough to make any audible difference in performance.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...