2003 Civic Sedan - Looking for 150

Gutted the car this past weekend, and working on the rebuild now.

So far, I've replaced the 1/0 CCA with 1/0 OFC, and ran it under the carpet rather than under the car. Ran new speaker wire for the mids/highs from the trunk to the doors/kicks. Deadened the rear deck better than what I previously had. Got my box plans in from CAF and had a carpenter friend of mine do the cuts, and pre-assemble it (I'm likely to have to disassemble and then put it together in the trunk).

Also my transmission took a crap on me since my last post, so trans is out at the moment while I rebuild it as well.

Should have the trans back in this week, and a good start on getting the audio stuff back in the car this weekend.

And not a single pic. What kind of build log is this? Lmao...just bustin your ballz dude //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Got a few pics, but nothing special...

Trans out of car...

Pile of crap removed from car...

And the mostly empty car...

Not much to see yet. More pics to come once I get to the good stuff. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I'm thinking/hoping I'll get a 147/148 with what I'm doing. We shall see. Worst case, I'll pick up another 2k and get my 150 that way. Going to see how far I can get with what I have first.

Transmission back in the car so now I can get back to the fun stuff.

Stained the box today. Still haven't checked to see if it'll fit into the trunk assembled, or if I'm going to have to assemble it in the trunk, but I think the latter is going to be the case. Will know for sure tomorrow, and it'll be in the trunk then regardless.

More done today.

The box fit, but had to remove the false floor to get it in, and then build one around the box. That's far better than building the box in the trunk...

Built an amp rack as well. Not pleased. Needs to be about 5 inches wider, but it'll do the job for now.

Got the trunk sealed off with a bunch of spray foam as well (no pics).

Have to finish wiring up the amps and run speaker wire inside the doors. Should take about 3 hours tomorrow, and I'll have it bumping again.

Will do all the trim panels to cover up the spray foam next weekend, so long as it sounds good and meters better. If not, it's all coming back out again...

Finally done!

Seems to be louder. Significant improvement from about 26 to 32hz.

Will have it on the meter this week, and as long as it's indeed louder, I'll do the trim panels next weekend and have pics of the finished product.

This is the only other pic I have for now....showing the wiring done. I wish now I'd have done this (sealed trunk) to begin with. All the deadener in the trunk is just wasted money at this point.

I wouldn't necessarily say the deadner in the trunk is a waste your trying to keep any an all sound in the car, even with sealing off you'll probably still have some trunk rattle.

Got metered today, and lost 3db.

Going to flip the box around and load of the trunk lid and see if that gains me anything over the old box. If it doesn't, it's going in the dumpster and going back with the old box until I can figure something else out.

So the new box came out. It did best unsealed and slid back as far as I could move it, and was still .5 db short of my previous best. Firing it rear was worse than that.

Old box back in firing up with the port forward (previously port back), slid back, got me a .1 gain. So currently at 145.0.

Replacing the DC Level 4 sub with a XL, and will be wiring to half ohm. Still waiting on my alternator to arrive, so the sub won't go in till that gets here.

Also will be doing another new box soon. Sub up, port forward, using interchangable aero ports. One tuned around 43 for metering/comps and one at 32 for daily.

Depending on where I'm at then (hoping for somewhere around 147ish), I'll double power to hopefully get my 150.

Competed for the first time ever last weekend, and took 1st in Trunk 0-2500 and 3rd in Trunk Hardcore (outlaw class, with unlimited power).

New alt is going in next week along with the new sub. Will also be doubling power. Depending on where I'm at after that, I may change boxes again.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.