Caraudiopro1984's Installs

Participant count
  • Participant list

Caraudiopro1984

Senior VIP Member
I'm just gonna keep track of installs I do on one page. Most of these will be small decks and speakers, maybe an amp, anything larger will be its own build log. I am currently working on a 2014 Camry as my daily commuter which has its own build log. check it out.

?1998? Dodge Dakota, helped a friend put this together for a friend of his. He did the deck and rears while I covered the front components and the amp bypass(had the stock infinity setup). The setup was a Kenwood deck, alpine SPS610c(front) and SPS610(rear). Here is my part, the components and amp bypass.

First pulled the doors off and got the old speakers out, I cut some of the vapor barrier out around the speaker where I was going to install some sound deadener. Making sure to leave the vapor barrier where the hooks fit to hold the panel on. Then used some all purpose cleaner and wiped all the dirt off the metal, and the outside door skin directly behind the speaker.

yyd0CJC.jpg

Next I mocked up a piece of deadener, this is Noico deadener, its a bit thin but better than nothing, I ended up with 50sqft for cheap and didn't use it, so use it where I can to help out.

2YwMd3S.jpg

Cut the center out and put it on the outside skin behind the speaker. Also I already connected the new speaker ends on the wire and Tesa taped it all up.

anR5W19.jpg

Then the factory speaker un-clips out of the factory spacer. The alpines come with a direct adapter to the factory spacer, and here they are installed.

TFvS0N2.jpg

Then the speaker mounts to the alpine adapter with machine screws.

Jzq3tCf.jpg

mtUS9Gx.jpg

Next is on to the tweeters. Here is the alpine inline crossover hooked to the factory wires and all Tesa taped.

EtnItg1.jpg

I mocked up before I cut and connected these, where I was going to mount them along the factory wiring so it would all look nice and be out of the way. Here they are all finished up.

ZeqUMGk.jpg

Z4KS9ch.jpg

The tweeters could have been mounted behind the stock infinity tweeter grill, but our buddy though the alpine grills looked better, and when using the alpine mount you have some adjust-ability for aiming the tweeter. So the stock grill popped out and we had to open up the hole just slightly with a Dremel sanding wheel. Here's the tweets mounted.

5pBX09f.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's the back of the panel, we did have to flush cut off the factory tweeter mounts. Wires are Tesa taped.

tDH9hTV.jpg

Plug in the tweeters and slide the doors back on and the components are complete. while I had the speakers out I used a meter in continuity to test the wiring in the door from the amp plugs. The amp is mounted above the passenger kick with the plugs facing down, super easy to access. I used a piece of 9-wire and cut the jacket off for a color coded bypass.

HXrshsc.jpg

Once the speakers were done I used the meter again from the head unit plugs to the amp plugs and connected the wires accordingly.

ETApfYj.jpg

The wires got taped up and I plugged the stock plugs back into the factory amp. With the Kenwood deck running the Alpines our buddy was super pumped, the stock infinitys were all completely shot and sounded horrible.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Caraudiopro1984

Senior VIP Member
Caraudiopro1984
Vancouver, WA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from