2003 Civic Sedan - Looking for 150

Just ordered the amp for the upcoming wall build in this car. A Crescendo 12k. Will be the largest amp I've ever owned. Pretty geeked about it.

I'll start a new build log when that build begins. Probably going to be december-ish before I start the build, as there's a bunch of shows after finals through early December.

Another show done, and 2 more 1st's.

Went to the Sundown Show today. Pretty big show with a ton of competitors. Did my best sealed score at a show to date, with a 149.7. Actually did a 50.0, but went over my power limit by 33 watts. Regardless, it was more than enough to take the win. The guy that took 2nd did a 46.9 iirc.

I like reading this thread. It gives me hope, motivation and confidence that someday i can build my 02 civic up to something. Although mine is a coupe, i just like the 7th gen civics.

When/where is the next show in NC?I'm in the triad, I need to get to one.
Don't know how I missed the replies in here...

There was a show in Garner two weekends ago, and another in South Carolina last weekend (yesterday).

I completely only with NSPL which has a ton of shows in and around NC. Find them on Facebook and they always announce shows there. Fun org to compete with.

I like reading this thread. It gives me hope, motivation and confidence that someday i can build my 02 civic up to something. Although mine is a coupe, i just like the 7th gen civics.
The coupes seem to do better for SPL from the handful of builds I've seen on them vs sedans.

It's been a fun build, and my first real build. Learned a lot from it.

Well, the season is pretty much over. World Finals is next weekend. I've got the points belt locked down for my class. Small chance I'll place #1 for SPL, and extremely likely I'll place top 3 if I don't get 1st.

I've placed First 21 times, Second twice, and third once (first show I went to and I didn't know what I was doing).

I'd never even seen a termlab prior to building this car. My first time at a show I did a 144.6 sealed and a 145.0 outlaw. My best at a show improved to a 149.7 sealed and a 151.3 outlaw. Sealed scores were always under 2500 watts (I run in a clamped power class) and outlaw runs were full tilt.

I've learned a ton about SPL with this car. Had a lot of fun and made a lot of friends.

World Finals will be the last time this car sees the lanes. The day after finals, someone is buying it and it'll be just a normal daily beater for them (without any audio gear in it). I'll update this thread with my results from finals, and then will continue with the build log on the new vehicle.

This will be the last update on this car, aside from anyone asking questions about the build or whatever.

NSPL World Finals was this weekend, and it was an awesome last run for the car. I am now the 2017 0-2500 watt World Champion, the NSPL Trunk points champion (what the belt is for), and I came in 2nd in Trunk Hardcore (outlaw class).

When I started competing this year, I wanted to finish in the top 3 at finals, and I surpassed what I hoped for. I'm ecstatic to say the least!

Pulled the alt and the pulley was indeed glazed over and polished slick as glass. Pulled the pulley off and sand blasted it, and so far it's better than ever. No chirping, squealing, slipping, etc.
It would squeal on cold start since I first put the alt on the car, and has progressively gotten worse. I think with the added idler pulley, it'll no longer be an issue.

Consider doing what I did and add an idler pulley. It couldn't be any easier to do. On the lower bracket where adjustment is made, there's a bolt that holds it to the engine (or a bracket that's held to the engine). Remove bolt and get a longer one that'll work for this. Don't know the exact length, just dug through my bolt bin till I find one that would work. From Advance Auto or Carquest, get part number 89098 (idler pulley with the proper size bushing). You'll have to find a spacer that'll space it out properly. On my application, belt 440k6 was perfect, but I think you said previously you had a large case alt on your car, and not the stock sized small case like I have.

I'll post a pic of the setup shortly...
Good info may have to do so with my ride.....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.