12" Recommendations 2500w RMS Below $600

Downtownbrody

CarAudio.com Newbie
I'm looking for recommendations on a single 12" sub around 2500w RMS, trying to stay below $600. I will be using WinISD and probably SubBox.pro to build my own box.

I'm not looking to compete, listen mostly to rap and hip-hop, looking for loud as possible, but not low as possible (probably in the 28-50hz range are most important). Sound quality is important but not as important as spl.

Amp I'm working with is 2700w RMS @ 1 ohm, 1950 @ 2 ohms, 1250 @ 4 ohms. Electric could be better, but have a secondary battery and 250 amp ho alternator.

Trunk space is somewhat limited or I'd go up to a 15". I've built a 2.5 cu.f. for an American Bass XFL and it fit nicely but could barely get it in. 12" is the max I could fit with rear/front facing speaker due to height restrictions, worried if the speaker was on top it would bounce into ceiling of trunk. I might be able to go to 3 cu.f.

I've considered the following subs, but not sure if there's one that fits what I'm looking for better than the other OR if there's something else out there better:

*Deaf Bonce Apocalypse DB-3012R

*B2 Rage XL (RMS rating, enclosure recommendations, and t/s parameters are all over the place on this one which is driving me insane, red flag)

*Resilient Sounds Onyx

*Orion HCCA12

Thanks in advance for insight and/or advice

Another to consider..They are OUT OF Stock on Cresendo Site but seem to be in stock here

Another to consider

Have you looked at the A.Bass GodFather? Amazon has a better price on one

Amazon product ASIN B07QP24V3ROn the side of the page there are two sellers @$567 and Free Shipping with good reviews

Amazon product ASIN B07QP24V3R
I was going to recommend a PSI Platform 3 but they have increased in price, and no telling how long it would take to get one? I had a pair of Plat 3 12s and should have kept them. I curse myself every time I think about them.

Another to consider..They are OUT OF Stock on Cresendo Site but seem to be in stock here

Another to consider

Amazon product ASIN B07QP24V3ROn the side of the page there are two sellers @$567 and Free Shipping with good reviews

I was going to recommend a PSI Platform 3 but they have increased in price, and no telling how long it would take to get one? I had a pair of Plat 3 12s and should have kept them. I curse myself every time I think about them.
I was originally looking at the Avatar, it has great reviews but I shied away from it because of the 3k rms rating... not sure my amp could keep up with it. Same on the Godfather - I had an XFL1244 so I really like American Bass as a brand.

I'll have to chart the Contralto... hadn't come across that one in my research. Has a better Xmax than the Deaf Bonce, a little less than the B2 or Resilient Sounds.

I really am attracted to the B2, but the fact I can't get a straight spec on T/S parameters or even the RMS rating is bothering me. Can't figure out how to build for it... or am I over-thinking it?

Thanks!

I was originally looking at the Avatar, it has great reviews but I shied away from it because of the 3k rms rating... not sure my amp could keep up with it. Same on the Godfather - I had an XFL1244 so I really like American Bass as a brand.

I'll have to chart the Contralto... hadn't come across that one in my research. Has a better Xmax than the Deaf Bonce, a little less than the B2 or Resilient Sounds.

I really am attracted to the B2, but the fact I can't get a straight spec on T/S parameters or even the RMS rating is bothering me. Can't figure out how to build for it... or am I over-thinking it?

Thanks!
I doubt you'd hear a difference shorting it by 500w

Have you tried contacting b2 audio? They'd be able to tell you the specs

Last edited:

Another to consider

On the side of the page there are two sellers @$567 and Free Shipping with good reviews

Thanks!

I doubt you'd hear a difference shorting it by 500w

Have you tried contacting b2 audio? They'd be able to tell you the specs
Would probably be worth it to contact them and at least ask which is correct - their listing on the website page, or what's in the manual. Goofy, I figured they'd have their stuff together given how popular the brand is in the competition community.

I'm a bit iffy about the Orions. They use a 4" coil but it is very anemic compared to the 4" coils used by the parts bin """brands""". Also recones are proprietary and you may or may not be able to get any if and when you break things and need to replace parts.

Otherwise everything else you listed is made at the same factory out of the same parts more or less so they'll likely all get you the same place. Pick whichever one you like the logo best or whichever company/retailer you feel gives you the best customer service.

I would also say that while we can probably get a coil to hold the heat from a 2500W amp you're well at the point there where you can mechanically break a 12" woofer throwing that kind of power at it. You will want to make sure you use subsonic filter and still keep an eye on making sure you're not pushing your sub beyond mechanical limits.

Rockville destroyer can handle power for cheap. 300$ for one and it can take a bunch of power. At a 600$ budget, you can afford a pretty nice sub. FI 3.5 Neo subs are rated for 1750 rms, but they seem to take power very well. They are loud and very musical. I recently made an enclosure for another person who has the FI 3.5 neo 12. I liked it enough after hearing his that I had to order 1 for myself. He had the one dual 2 ohm 12 on a 3k amp.

Rockville destroyer can handle power for cheap. 300$ for one and it can take a bunch of power. At a 600$ budget, you can afford a pretty nice sub. FI 3.5 Neo subs are rated for 1750 rms, but they seem to take power very well. They are loud and very musical. I recently made an enclosure for another person who has the FI 3.5 neo 12. I liked it enough after hearing his that I had to order 1 for myself. He had the one dual 2 ohm 12 on a 3k amp.

I was going to recommend the Fi HC or Neo 3.5 as well.

If you can find one of these, they are the answer to all your prayers! You may have to order them directly out of Europe or China, but they are within your price even with shipping and are absolutely unrivalled in this group. 8" voicecoil, built for high-quality performance and reliability, the STW-350 offers extremely low distortion at 92mm peak-to-peak displacement, which is enabled by the large voice coil and high moving mass. It is also designed with 70L equivalent volume and Fs below 25Hz

Last edited:
Here's a different take and may not be at all the direction you want to go with your build.

If you have room for 2.5cft box then 2 sql12-'s in a sealed box of similiar size on 2500w would get loud and sound good. They start at $269 a piece.

I'm might be a touch biased here but I've got 2 of 15's on 3k and they got more than enough plenty of bounce for the days I wanna play with get loud knob. Over on diyma you can ask Honda what 2 of the 12's sealed are like 😂

Fi would be a good option as well in any of their dual 1 ohm if you are doing 2 subwoofers or a dual 2 ohm

and they now offer powder-coating as well for the subwoofers they sell which is a nice option for those who want it

Last edited:
If you can find one of these, they are the answer to all your prayers! You may have to order them directly out of Europe or China, but they are within your price even with shipping and are absolutely unrivalled in this group. 8" voicecoil, built for high-quality performance and reliability, the STW-350 offers extremely low distortion at 92mm peak-to-peak displacement, which is enabled by the large voice coil and high moving mass. It is also designed with 70L equivalent volume and Fs below 25Hz

8" voice coil and 46mm Xmax? Holy crap!

I'm looking for recommendations on a single 12" sub around 2500w RMS, trying to stay below $600. I will be using WinISD and probably SubBox.pro to build my own box.

I'm not looking to compete, listen mostly to rap and hip-hop, looking for loud as possible, but not low as possible (probably in the 28-50hz range are most important). Sound quality is important but not as important as spl.

Amp I'm working with is 2700w RMS @ 1 ohm, 1950 @ 2 ohms, 1250 @ 4 ohms. Electric could be better, but have a secondary battery and 250 amp ho alternator.

Trunk space is somewhat limited or I'd go up to a 15". I've built a 2.5 cu.f. for an American Bass XFL and it fit nicely but could barely get it in. 12" is the max I could fit with rear/front facing speaker due to height restrictions, worried if the speaker was on top it would bounce into ceiling of trunk. I might be able to go to 3 cu.f.

I've considered the following subs, but not sure if there's one that fits what I'm looking for better than the other OR if there's something else out there better:

*Deaf Bonce Apocalypse DB-3012R

*B2 Rage XL (RMS rating, enclosure recommendations, and t/s parameters are all over the place on this one which is driving me insane, red flag)

*Resilient Sounds Onyx

*Orion HCCA12

Thanks in advance for insight and/or advice
My area is 6% tax and a $31 duty fee, like $555.00 landed. Pretty damn flat in a bandpass box where it works the best.

In a band pass configutration:

Driver Properties
Name: STW-350F188PR01-04 [2019]
Type: Standard one-way driver
Company: Peerless (Tymphany)
No. of Drivers = 1
Dual voice coils = parallel
Fs = 26.55 Hz
Qms = 11.39
Vas = 58.16 liters
Cms = 0.069 mm/N
Mms = 546.1 g