10" sub that can handle 3000 watts

Just an update...before I spend any additional cash for a higher watt sub and install the DD Audio M3 I am going to build a 4th order. Houston Audio Labs will do the design. I like the way this W7 looks so I'll have an acrylic window which will be the access to the sub. Let me hear your feedback guys as I've never ran a 4th/6th order enclosure.

Your output will likely increase but if your Long term goal is to use that amp, which I gather you have a major itch to use, you might consider a 4th order Built around a 1500 watt rms sub. Not trying to advocate spending more money but if you’re likely going to end up with a new custom enclosure and a bigger amp it makes sense that that all synergizes (most importantly the Enclosure) with the right sub. An hd10 has a much smaller price tag than the dc if you’re balling at the price of that sub. Also, Fi’s bl series are rated at 1700 watts rms and are made in USA.

Your output will likely increase but if your Long term goal is to use that amp, which I gather you have a major itch to use, you might consider a 4th order Built around a 1500 watt rms sub. Not trying to advocate spending more money but if you’re likely going to end up with a new custom enclosure and a bigger amp it makes sense that that all synergizes (most importantly the Enclosure) with the right sub. An hd10 has a much smaller price tag than the dc if you’re balling at the price of that sub. Also, Fi’s bl series are rated at 1700 watts rms and are made in USA.
You guys interested in buying a brand new JLAudio W7 10ae ? I was under the impression FI did not make 10's but you have a great point, I'll wind up replacing the damn sub anyway lol.

I finally made a purchase of a new 10" sub....I went with the DC Audio M4 XL10 with a carbon dust cap. Really excited to get this thing here and running with the M3.

That being said the 10W7AE is for sale!!! $500.00 firm. I have used it for a few weeks, love the musical quality of this woofer and it does hit. I just wanted more and more power....upgrades across the board I guess!!

I have to show this damn thing off....the pictures do not do it justice. I need to modify the enclosure a little but it should really hit in this small truck. Addition of another battery and a couple more runs of 1/0 once I add the DD Audio M3in place of the DM1500. I have not made an alternator purchase yet as I'm still a little undecided as to which one to go with for this Tacoma. any suggestions on the best battery for my buck, especially one that will go into a small space ??

Attachments

• DC Magnet.jpg
    DC Magnet.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 70
  • DC Carbon.jpg
    DC Carbon.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 67
any suggestions on the best battery for my buck, especially one that will go into a small space ??

If your looking for an Agm that has good ah and a unique footprint to allow installation flexibility I'd suggest a Northstar Sms220 for your planned power. Its able to be put in places others wont fit. I ran one /w/ a Duracell agm underhood for over a year on a 4K wired low, and 250A alternator without any real voltage drop until I took it to clip city. My resting voltage was a solid 13v and under load my voltage dropped to resting or just under. I had the car charging at 15.5v cold (15v hot) with no issues too.

Its a great Agm Imo. My son got both my Agm's gifted and his Fullbridge 3K barely dims the headlights, even with a stock Hyundai alternator.

If your looking for an Agm that has good ah and a unique footprint to allow installation flexibility I'd suggest a Northstar Sms220 for your planned power. Its able to be put in places others wont fit. I ran one /w/ a Duracell agm underhood for over a year on a 4K wired low, and 250A alternator without any real voltage drop until I took it to clip city. My resting voltage was a solid 13v and under load my voltage dropped to resting or just under. I had the car charging at 15.5v cold (15v hot) with no issues too.
View attachment 23340
Its a great Agm Imo. My son got both my Agm's gifted and his Fullbridge 3K barely dims the headlights, even with a stock Hyundai alternator.
Thanks man that's exactly the size I am looking for !!!

Just an FYI, that 'foot' in your enclosure that goes to the floor isn't contributing as much to the interior volume of the enclosure, since its a relatively small space off to the side of the main enclosure space, and is on the far side of the port as the driver. I suspect you would see a performance increase by building a new box in the trunk with a more proper design, that fires thru the pass thru.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.