How Much Power Would You Give This Sub

Participant count
  • Participant list
I have a FI TEAM 4 12 its got a 4" voice coil the rated RMS that FI has rated it at is 4500 watts rms. I currently have it on a soundigital 5k. People were telling me to get a 8k amp and that it would be perfectly fine and that the sub would take all the power. I'm thinking of switching out the soundigital 5k for a crescendo 6k bassclef. This post is mainly to get feedback on what you guys would run power wise having a sub like this. Thanks.

1. If you have to ask, you probably have no business trying to run more than rated power to that sub.
2. Perfect world, best case scenario, and assuming your electrical is up to it you will gain about 1.4dB for getting into the 8K. This is the equivalent of 1 click on your volume knob.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.