05 F350 Build log (some fiberglass work, computer, and system) Many pictures!!

You're lucky, haha. For my car I had to make this custom speaker holder since the stock one is like a 5x10... it's some ridiculous measurement. Luckily I'm creative and my Dad had a jigsaw... a POS Jigsaw that nearly ripped my hand off... but it did it's job.
OOOOhhhh. Be careful with power tools. Check out my Dodge thread to see what a router did to my thumb a month ago. LOL.

OOOOhhhh. Be careful with power tools. Check out my Dodge thread to see what a router did to my thumb a month ago. LOL.
yea that didn't look soo good, least it wasn't any worse.

I been using most of these tools since I was around 5 or 7, only one I get yelled at for fiddling with was a small router I grabbed and turned on when I was about 8. From there on I learned how to use most of the struff and it can be scary what some of the stuff does.

Ever put down an old skill saw after making a cut and not notice that the guard failed to swing back, luckily they only spin around in a small 1' radius or so, but they like to cut their own cords when they do it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/verymad.gif.3f39c5c2fd57527b671fad3efdfac756.gif

yea that didn't look soo good, least it wasn't any worse.
I been using most of these tools since I was around 5 or 7, only one I get yelled at for fiddling with was a small router I grabbed and turned on when I was about 8. From there on I learned how to use most of the struff and it can be scary what some of the stuff does.

Ever put down an old skill saw after making a cut and not notice that the guard failed to swing back, luckily they only spin around in a small 1' radius or so, but they like to cut their own cords when they do it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/verymad.gif.3f39c5c2fd57527b671fad3efdfac756.gif

LOL. That is the stuff I grew up with. I didn't do much when I was a kid, but when I did the old power tools my dad has had seen better days. I managed to keep the cords on everything though. LOL. Regardless I wish I had the experience with the tools most of you guys do. It's scary and tough to learn on your own sometimes. There's no way my boy (if I ever have a kid lol) will get through high school without taking a lot of wood work courses.

LOL. That is the stuff I grew up with. I didn't do much when I was a kid, but when I did the old power tools my dad has had seen better days. I managed to keep the cords on everything though. LOL. Regardless I wish I had the experience with the tools most of you guys do. It's scary and tough to learn on your own sometimes. There's no way my boy (if I ever have a kid lol) will get through high school without taking a lot of wood work courses.
Yea they certainly can be dangerous, specially to an unknowning kid. Almost like gun safety have to learn to have absolute utmost respect for the tools you are working with and understand how to use them properly.

I never personally cut a cord, but watched it happen a few times, and with the saw only about 2' away from me lol so I was glad I still had my toes, also steel toed boots FTW.

Same here I would never let me kid grow up not knowing how to use the stuff, its great trade/skill to know and understand even if you don't ever plan on building anything.

Yea they certainly can be dangerous, specially to an unknowning kid. Almost like gun safety have to learn to have absolute utmost respect for the tools you are working with and understand how to use them properly.
I never personally cut a cord, but watched it happen a few times, and with the saw only about 2' away from me lol so I was glad I still had my toes, also steel toed boots FTW.

Same here I would never let me kid grow up not knowing how to use the stuff, its great trade/skill to know and understand even if you don't ever plan on building anything.

Exactly. That was me. I hated wood when I was a kid. Metal was strong. That was the cool thing to do. I can cut, I can weld, given the equipment I can run a lathe and a milling machine. Now that I'm not so narrow minded, and like to build anything and everything, I'm obviously suffering from the lack of wood experience.

Oh well, I can always show my kids my screwed up thumb, and say "learn now, so you don't end up like your old man" LOL.

Wow dude I'm extremely impressed and the builds not even done. Also, it makes me wanna go nuts on my 07 f350 psd

btw, whereabouts in MA are ya from? I'm out in Chicopee :-/

Yea not yet, I am 23 and graduated from school last year, essentially debt free other than my truck though. Debt is one thing that just makes my blood boil lol //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/verymad.gif.3f39c5c2fd57527b671fad3efdfac756.gif So I am hoping to kill the truck loan as quick as possible or figure a way to budget it along with $1,500 or so a month for mortgage/and the other bills.
I doubt I will sell mine but I haven't even gotten them yet, I am hoping the 2 fit fairly easily between my front seats but worst case I may drop down to 1 to keep it more stealth like. I am really looking for some good bass though so who knows lol. If I do decide to sell and you don't have one by then I will be sure you get first dibs.
What degree did you get in College?

I betcha you pay a pretty penny in truck payment/gas a month in that sucker. I couldn't even afford the gas in that bish.

Let me know on the sub. I mean I hope you can get both of them in there as it would be pure ear sex, although one should suffice for most people. I would just want one and really need one to save space. My box is taking up to much room and need to do something about that. Should have went with 1 12, but had the box lying around, so said what the fawk and got 2 12's.

Good luck!

Wow dude I'm extremely impressed and the builds not even done. Also, it makes me wanna go nuts on my 07 f350 psd
btw, whereabouts in MA are ya from? I'm out in Chicopee :-/
Thanks man //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif hopefully the rest of it comes out as good as what I got done so far. If you do decide to do some stuff on yours and ever have any questions don't hesitate to ask. I got the interior tear down pretty much to a science now.

Cool to see another local, rare enough an audio nut local but a diesel driver as well. I live in Norton, MA (bout 10 minutes down the road from the Comcast Center.) You have a PM

What degree did you get in College?
I betcha you pay a pretty penny in truck payment/gas a month in that sucker. I couldn't even afford the gas in that bish.

Let me know on the sub. I mean I hope you can get both of them in there as it would be pure ear sex, although one should suffice for most people. I would just want one and really need one to save space. My box is taking up to much room and need to do something about that. Should have went with 1 12, but had the box lying around, so said what the fawk and got 2 12's.

Good luck!
I got a Civil Engineering degree learned quite a lot of fun and interesting stuff, probably forgot more of it though //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Yea I am not too happy with payments and fuel expenses. This is the first vehicle I have had a note on and would have gone for a cheaper truck but well I dunno lol. I ended up graduating with no debt so I kinda figured this is like my school loans and after busting my ass in school I was planning on getting a bike but dad said no go. Its got a 38 gallon tank, fuel at the local station when I drove by a few minutes ago was $4.35 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif so its most certainly not pretty.

I most certainly will. I am pretty sure they will both fit, but in the case I decide to change things up or don't like what I need to sacrafice for them to fit I will let you know. I occasionally like some heavy bass and figured 2 would be able to give me the extra kick when I want it.

Dang its been nearly a month since I did any updates. Well I finally got something. After nearly 3 weeks of driving with no dash I got it finished and installed last weekend. Still got some work to do to it to polish things up and complete things but its up and running and working good.

Onto the pics:

The original dash bezel

DSC01818.jpg

DSC01831.jpg

DSC01832.jpg

DSC01835.jpg

DSC01862.jpg

DSC01904.jpg

DSC01910.jpg

DSC01911.jpg

DSC01921.jpg

DSC01922.jpg

Its been running pretty good and honestly for some reason I am thinking the audio sounds better with the aux input and playing audio from the computer instead of a CD or radio. The gapping hole to the right of the screen is going to get filled with a USB hub, audio input jack and maybe some other things that I can fit in there. I need to rerun the 12v power for the LCD since it is giving me a hiss through the speakers, also need to perminantly run the 5v power for the USB hub and DVD drive (the red/black wires coming out of that hole in the dash.) Oh and if the screen looks kinda crappy its because the protective film is still on it and its gotten pretty beat up over the months and weeks I have been working on it or just putting it down somewhere.

Other than that fabrication and install work I still need to do a bunch of software tuning and such and then it should be pretty good. I only have the audio and front end software setup, still need to hook up and install the GPS software and get all the other little addon parts, WiFi, HD radio (cheaper than adding to the alpine), TV Tuner card, as well as various software items and getting all my music and movies transfered over into the truck.

i believe u forgot to post the part where its all back in the truck, done. Get on that for me, hahaha looking good man.
Done!! Silly me hit Quick Reply instead of Go Advanced lol, so I had to edit it quick. Looks like you got in before I was done.

Dang nice work. I dont know why ud leave the truck now...
Thanks man, thats sorta the goal lol //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif Saturday night when I got home from my 2.5hour drive back from CT I pulled in the driveway and was like hmm I wanna see what the movie looks like on this and how it sounds. DANG //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif I gonna need to get me a good home theater after this lol. 2 little dinky MA audio 8's thrown in for temporary made the rumble of Elenor on Gone in 60seconds sound GREAT. Ended up just sitting in the truck for a good 30 minutes before I told myself I had to go inside lol.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.