Jeep Cherokee semi-budget build

Participant count
  • Participant list

Charlie11x

For a while now (up until last weekend) ive been using a ghetto ass system in my jeep. Well lately ive been getting tired of shitty bass, almost no mids, and intense highs. I want my system to blend and sound alright. So, last weekend when my sub died, I decided to upgrade a little bit. This is for my DD, which is a 95 jeep cherokee. Last night I ordered an Fi SSD with BP power option and copper coil. I'll be using my 1206d I had lying around. My deck is an old cd-9801. For front stage right now, I have some shitty jensen coaxials. I'm not sure what ill be upgrading those to. I'm in the process of designing a box right now. I've only built about three boxes so far so any pointers would be appreciated.

Car:

DSC02174.jpg

Old setup:

DSC02168.jpg

Shitty Kenwood:

DSC02172.jpg

Ghetto box:

DSC02173.jpg

Deck and Ipod:

DSC02175.jpg

Any suggestions/thoughts before the build actually begins?

Jeep's for the win when trying to get loud. You will find the roof, in most cases, will make alot of noise due to the braces seperating from the metal itself when you start getting loud. Deadening it will help imensely. Also, assuming you still have the stock 5 1/4 front speaker holes intact with those dumb grills that cover literally half of the speaker, You can easily trim the hole to fit a larger mid such as a 6.5 in. If you are on a budget, look into PPI 365cs, Pioneer D-series, Pheonix Gold RSD, CDT cl series, Image Dynamic ctx65cs. All of those a great bang for the buck speaker's.

i have a ssd 15 in my tiburon i love it i have a sundown 1200d and bro im sure u will like it as well. i had a 92 jeep sport a few months back and a single kicker 12inch L7 tune real low was cuzin some nasty flexing.

Thanks for all the good feedback and pointers guys (and gals?). Ive been thinking up some plans for this box and have come up with something like this:

BoxDesign2.jpg

Now if I wanted the port to come out where the variable p is, what would be the best way to calculate the port and all that jazz?

Edit: would you guys recommend me going ported or sealed for the ssd actually? Im kinda goin for a mix of both SPL and SQ.

Double edit: Would aero ports be better in this type of box?

millertime built my box for my ssd talk to him it was for a tiburon it has 50inchs of port area it was ment for a audioq 2.5 but im sure if u guys talk he can help you out.

Well after about an hour of doing different calculations last night I found out that with those dimensions I couldn't get enough cubes. Im gonna go out and remeasure some things and hopefully Ill be able to come up with a decent design.

Edit: My sub shipped today and should be here next week on Wednesday. Time to start buildin the box....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.