05 F350 Build log (some fiberglass work, computer, and system) Many pictures!!

EXCITING! ill b expecting to have some chats w u about those subs. my audio should b sooner then later.
sweet, sounds good to me. Thinking I will pick up a sheet of MDF tomorrow on the way home from work, and seeing how much time I got whip something up and get something rigged up to make them sing lol.

sweet! i like how they are shallow. if they sound good enough maybe even a few will pop up in my truck
I'll definitely be writing a review up of what I think and let ya know. Looking forward to the audio portion of your truck. Should be sweet //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

hey thats a good set up i have never fb before ether just have done basic boxes good job
Thanks man //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif I was surprised at how easy it really is. I mean its certainly not the easiest thing but really not as bad as I first though. Take a bit of patience and such though with letting things set up and adding layers then working with the body filler and getting it all smooth.

wow I've been missing out. I've been over at caraudioforum.com but this place is way better. Awesome build man i'm doing some of the exact same things to my truck. I've wanted to do a carputer ever since I discovered mp3car about 6 months ago and this thread makes me want to do it even more but that idea is on hold untill I get the rest of my system worked out. I went through your exact same thought process about a center consol box because I had 4 treo tsi tens in a tiny box behind my backseat that sounded like crap. Anyways I did a lot of measuring and designing to try to keep my top center consol and only remove the cusion but it looked like more work so I just built a new center consol any the way to the dash with one 12w7. This way I can make my cup holder where I want them and since only the back half is part of the actuall box I can put my future carputer inside and I have a nice sport for a keyboard. You might want to cosider this for you box build. It would be a perfect spot for your keyboard and tounchpad you also could incorperate your USB hub. Great project man can't wait to see it finished.

wow I've been missing out. I've been over at caraudioforum.com but this place is way better. Awesome build man i'm doing some of the exact same things to my truck. I've wanted to do a carputer ever since I discovered mp3car about 6 months ago and this thread makes me want to do it even more but that idea is on hold untill I get the rest of my system worked out. I went through your exact same thought process about a center consol box because I had 4 treo tsi tens in a tiny box behind my backseat that sounded like crap. Anyways I did a lot of measuring and designing to try to keep my top center consol and only remove the cusion but it looked like more work so I just built a new center consol any the way to the dash with one 12w7. This way I can make my cup holder where I want them and since only the back half is part of the actuall box I can put my future carputer inside and I have a nice sport for a keyboard. You might want to cosider this for you box build. It would be a perfect spot for your keyboard and tounchpad you also could incorperate your USB hub. Great project man can't wait to see it finished.

Thanks //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif Its slowly getting better over time. I was strongly considering 3 or 4 Treo SSi 10's behind the seat when I started measuring up the truck, then the center console idea hit me just like for you.

I am still hoping to keep the upper console, I really like it and think it can be done lol. Currently it is looking like I will have to mount it too the box which I wasn't hoping to do but I think it will work out. I would love to get my hands on a junkyard truck somewhere so I could get a whole interior, then I could really go crazy and not have to worry too much. For now I will keep the upper console but a full console build could be in the future too.

I would love to see pictures of your build too. Hopefully mine will be "finished" someday but I doubt it will ever be 100% finished lol.

PS: Change your signature. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif The Mag's are here. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Yeah dude, that thing looks great. The only way to make the thing better would be to get rid of that stupid blue oval that's all over the background. Must be the stock computer crap. LOL. Just kidding man. Great work, as always.
Hey at least Ford circled the problem... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

Nice work man, dash came out nice

As I've said over on my forum, great work! Everything is really well done so the final result should be VERY nice.
Thank you very much Nick. Gotta make a good home for your creations now //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

PS: Change your signature. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif The Mag's are here. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
Thanks for noticing lol, forgot about that.

Hey at least Ford circled the problem... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif
haha, oh I have heard em all lol. Its gotten to the point where now I end up sayin those phrases just to beat my buddies to it so they don't get the satisfaction.

Nice work man, dash came out nice
Thank you very much //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Yeah the treo's weren't bad subs there just isn't anywhere near enough airspace back there for them. They had a lot of midbass but just couldn't go low.

I was going to try and do the same thing but the way my floor is shaped wouldn't really allow me to do the down firing thing like a wanted it to do. Your ford might have more room, depth and width than my chevy. I think I remeber you mentions some about it being 15in. between your seats while mine is only 12.5in.

The junkyard idea would really make it nice. I might have attempter to incorperate the upper console if I had a backup.

My console is far from complete. I just finished building it a week ago and had to throw it in the truck for a test fit and to try out my new 12w7. The sub sounds really clean and gets plenty loud. jl recommends 1.39ft^3 plus the .1 that the sub displaces and my enclosure ended up being right at 1.5ft^3. I love it when things work out how i plan. I still have to install my cup holders, prep it for some sem texture paint and get the very top upolstered like the original. here's somem pics

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j38/Blown33daytona/IMG_0125.jpg

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j38/Blown33daytona/IMG_0126.jpg

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j38/Blown33daytona/IMG_0127.jpg

Yeah the treo's weren't bad subs there just isn't anywhere near enough airspace back there for them. They had a lot of midbass but just couldn't go low.
I was going to try and do the same thing but the way my floor is shaped wouldn't really allow me to do the down firing thing like a wanted it to do. Your ford might have more room, depth and width than my chevy. I think I remeber you mentions some about it being 15in. between your seats while mine is only 12.5in.

The junkyard idea would really make it nice. I might have attempter to incorperate the upper console if I had a backup.

My console is far from complete. I just finished building it a week ago and had to throw it in the truck for a test fit and to try out my new 12w7. The sub sounds really clean and gets plenty loud. jl recommends 1.39ft^3 plus the .1 that the sub displaces and my enclosure ended up being right at 1.5ft^3. I love it when things work out how i plan. I still have to install my cup holders, prep it for some sem texture paint and get the very top upolstered like the original. here's somem pics

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j38/Blown33daytona/IMG_0125.jpg

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j38/Blown33daytona/IMG_0126.jpg

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j38/Blown33daytona/IMG_0127.jpg

Looking good for sure. Should look really good when you get it finished up. I was toying with doing nearly the same thing to fit a 15" sub in my truck. I have 14" between the support arms on the console and about 17" between the seats so I could put the sub rear firing like yours and the back side of the sub would narrow down enough to get between the console supports.

ahem.... updates
Well since you asked so nicely. Let me see what I got.

Not much but this is probably where my next pennies will be going...

1025081604-1.jpg

1025081604a-1.jpg

Thats the back side of my drivers side front brake rotor. Looks purty don't it lol. Also the thin brake pad was on the inside surface and the thick pad on the outside surface. Both on the same wheel. Something is fishy. The other 3 rotors are funky but not quite as bad as the drivers side front. All have abnormal wear/pitting/rusting on the braking surface ONLY on the inside surface. Slide pins seem ok and calipers seem ok as far as I know. For some reason though the inside pads on the other wheels all have a high spot down the middle of them while the outside pads all seem fine. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/verymad.gif.3f39c5c2fd57527b671fad3efdfac756.gif Maybe an excuse to upgrade the brakes, just wanna figure out the odd wear patterns before I put money into new parts or fixing the old parts and then have them get ruined again.

Hopefully some audio updates in the near future, my job and now it being dark when I get home hinder much progress during the week but hopefully something will be done soon.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.