03 Cobra mustang build

if its real suade, it will stretch somewhat, not as much as vinyl tho. You would need to moisten it using a steamer.

That ones gonna be tough, you don't need to sew it though. You can mold in a seam, like using a piece of body trim or something to break it up. that way your not trying to stretch it to that extent you have a break to take up the slack.

you do realize if you had stretched the fleece or whatever you used for the fiberglass part of the box that you would have had to do like 1000x less sanding? you need it as tight as possible, thats why it drooped so much. just a lesson for the future.

as far as the enclosure goes - is that even close to the recommended specifications for that sub? it looks awfuly tiny.

but its a nice looking installation - i would be nauseous if you cut a hole in my new cobras rear panels though... especially for 5x7s ...

and why TAN suede? why did you not get black to match the trunk?

good work though.

you do realize if you had stretched the fleece or whatever you used for the fiberglass part of the box that you would have had to do like 1000x less sanding? you need it as tight as possible, thats why it drooped so much. just a lesson for the future.
as far as the enclosure goes - is that even close to the recommended specifications for that sub? it looks awfuly tiny.

but its a nice looking installation - i would be nauseous if you cut a hole in my new cobras rear panels though... especially for 5x7s ...

good work though.

..... that cloth was as tight as I could get it when I fiberglassed. the box has just under the recommended airspace but it sounds fine

what the hell are you talking about tan suede? its silver and its an almost exact match to the seats.

good work though.
i was scared about cutting it up also. We originally planned on mounting the crossovers on the door but i got cold feet about drillinginto the front door panels. It' will look good and the back seat is so tight nobody sits in the back anyway. I wanted the speakers back there because im not gunna be using the sub 100% of the time. I think it sounds wierd with only the components. Not that the components don't sound great by themselfs just sounds like somethings missing behind me or something.

BAM!

IMG_0934.jpg

time for a smoke break

thanks for the advice about the steaming, i managed to stretch it just enough to work

kewl nice work.. And WHY would you have a sub but not use it all the time? UNless you mean by not using it that it is out of the car..
I just get tired of the bang-bang sometimes also for dvds and ****. So i had him put in a toggle switch so i can turn it off. I might put a tv tuner in there at some point to .

the whole idea of a setup like yours is the sub blends in, and doesnt over power the rest of the system at any volume (much like my truck's install) At least thats what it appears what you are shooting for since the box isnt a spl box.

the whole idea of a setup like yours is the sub blends in, and doesnt over power the rest of the system at any volume (much like my truck's install) At least thats what it appears what you are shooting for since the box isnt a spl box.
It blends in awesome and doesn't overpower. I made the decision before it was all installed just from other systems i heard and had previous with super loud bass. This sytem isn't like that so i see your point and your 100% right.

maybe i won't feel the need to turn the sub off.

heres a pic of it in the car, still wrapping the amp rack

the pic doesnt do it justice, Ill take some better pics tomorrow when its lighter out.

IMG_0935.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.