It's a JBC (just be cool) 10" 500watt dual voice coil sub. I got it for free from my girlfriend's dad who was a huge bass junkie back in the day. I know it's probably not good quality but it was free, and if it blows up, then oh well, I can get a new one. The sub came with no box or instruction manual, and has no serial, model numbers, or ohm ratings on it. If anyone can help me at all it would be great and maybe I can have enough information to start building myself an enclosure for it...

Here's some pictures...

Top:

64a5ba0c.jpg

Side + 1 of the voice coils:

9323ff7f.jpg

It has a big freakin magnet too. haha.

Headunit: JVC Arsenal KD-AHD79 | Amp: Rockford Fosgate Punch P500-2 | Sub: JBC 10" 500watt Dual Voice Coil <-- Lol (:

nobody has a clue?

Headunit: JVC Arsenal KD-AHD79 | Amp: Rockford Fosgate Punch P500-2 | Sub: JBC 10" 500watt Dual Voice Coil <-- Lol (:

Not a terrible looking build for free....probably as good as half the stuff ppl buy at the big box stores. 1.5 to 2 ft cube sealed box....if you want to get crazy go 2 cube with 4" diameter port cut to 10 or 12 inches and see what that does.... you can always plug over the port if it doesn't perform well.

what does it mean cut to 10 or 12 inches...

starting another thread in the same place your other thread is won't get you any quicker or different answers....

mods should delete one of these.....

---------- Post added at 10:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 PM ----------

what does it mean cut to 10 or 12 inches...

He means cut the length to 10-12inches for the port tune. He thinks you have a 12in sub and gave you recommendations based on that.

giphy.gif

this one is asking for specs or if anyone has experience with this sub. I need to know recommended hz tuning and ohm amount and all that good stuff, but box sizes are recommended too..

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By NeverPetABurningDog
      Hello friends.
      My amp and sub setup in my trunk works well except that the amp overheats regularly. It's a 4-channel amp, so I have two options for wiring the sub: bridged and unbridged. When it's unbridged, it's weak but it doesn't overheat as much. When it's bridged it sounds awesome but overheats after a few minutes, depending on the temperature outside. At first I thought that the ground wasn't good enough, so I moved it to the one of the bolts on the rear strut tower and sanded down every surface until shiny metal. I also cut the ground wire down to 18" or less. It still overheats. Maybe I need a higher gauge wire? I went to this audio shop and this guy told me to try switching the sub from channels 1 and 2 bridged to channels 3 and 4 bridged. So I did. Not sure what it did. I also might need to tune the setup more accurately, but I don't know that that has much to do with overheating issues.
      My car (95 Civic if you're wondering) came wired by the previous owner for a subwoofer. 4 gauge power wire from the battery to the trunk, 4 gauge ground, and a remote wire and RCA cables from the radio to the trunk. Power and ground are both OFC. Back in April, I got a used amp and a sub and put it in my trunk. I don't know much about audio/electrical, but I'll list what I know about my setup below:
      The amp I got is a PlanetAudio 4-channel amp (I know it's meant for speakers, but it at least works for the sub and I got it for $50). Here it is.
      The sub is a Pioneer. Don't know the model number, but the reading on the multimeter at the terminals tells me it's a 4-ohm sub. It's a single voice-coil subwoofer.
      What I don't understand is what bridging does to the impedance of the circuit. From my understanding, you want to match the impedance as close as you possibly can. So, if my amp is 4 ohms, I want a 4 ohm speaker to match it. Does bridging channels 1 and 2 put the impedance at 2 ohms and make it unstable? Or does running the sub on 1 channel put it at 8 ohms and make it more stable? I don't quite understand. 
      Another quick few things. I have no money, but I still appreciate advice like "get a new amp" or "get a fan to blow air on it" even though I won't be able to follow through with it until I pay for college. Advice concerning the wiring will be much more valuable to me.

Thanks for the help, guys.

• By saucemessiah
      So I recently purchased 4 Polk Audio DB652's for my 2012 Subaru Impreza (with a stock in-dash stereo). I like them but I wanted more out of them so I purchased a Pioneer D9605 5 channel amp. I chose this amp because I wanted to see more output from my current 4 door speakers and a sub woofer that I am planning on getting (Rockford Fosgate P3D4 12"). I feel like I got my amp without being well informed on other factors and was wondering what some great car enthusiast think of my purchases and car audio goals. Ask any questions that I would need to further clarify to help y'all help me!  Also, are the Polk door speakers I got that great?
      All help and recommendations are very much appreciated!!!
      P.s. I don't have a large knowledge of car audio if it isn't yet obvious.

• By RadioShackSQ
      Hello folks! I'm currently putting together a modest SQ build and have run into a bit of a snag with subwoofer, enclosure, and amplifier selection and would greatly appreciate some advice on the matter. The snag is my lack of familiarity with the current "good brands" and the strange lack of shops willing to demo SQ subwoofers or their "high end" subwoofers. While the overall goal is excellent sound quality, I am an oldschool basshead at heart and still want exceptional levels of loud when the mood strikes me. I have, over a few decades, owned various sizes of subwoofers and enclosures and have found that they all have their own merrits however, my favorite subs/enclosure were 2 Soundstream SS10R's (circa mid nineties) sealed with a 600w monoblock supplying the juice. I would love to have something that either matches the level of output and accuracy of that set up or exceeds it, in terms of sonic transparency, as well as the ability to compliment my front stage set up and rattle some door parts loose. I have access to Arc Audio, Hertz, Focal, FI, DD, DA, JL, Audio Frog, Sun Down, and Fosgate.  I would prefer to stay within a budget of $1500 for sub(s) and amplifier. The environment is a 2018 Mustang GT, and I have, roughly 3 cubic feet to use for enclosure space. The build, so far, is as follows:
      •Hertz Mille pro 163.3 three way front stage fully active.
      •Arc Audio XDi 1200.6
      •Arc Audio PS8 DSP
      Any help would be greatly appreciated!