Which sub is compatible? (I am new excuse my ignorance)

Participant count
  • Participant list

Gosu.ryu

CarAudio.com Newbie
MA
I have an enclosed amp/sub from pioneer, recently the tin strips blew so i would like to replace the speaker.
  • 10" Single-Voice-Coil Loaded Subwoofer Enclosure
  • 1,100 Watts Max Power. (300 Watts Nom.)
  • Built-In 300 Watts Output Class-D Amplifier
What ranges should i be looking for in the new speaker? Is it just important that the RMS is "roughly the same"

Link to product would be greatly appreciated

Thank you!

You will need to determine the impedance of the woofer to properly pair a new one to the built in amp and then odds are it will not perform optimally in the box you have. Might be best to just reach out to the manufacturer to see if they can sell you the exact replacement if you don't plan to upgrade amp and box as well.

You will need to determine the impedance of the woofer to properly pair a new one to the built in amp and then odds are it will not perform optimally in the box you have. Might be best to just reach out to the manufacturer to see if they can sell you the exact replacement if you don't plan to upgrade amp and box as well.
Good info, the ohms is something i cant find listed easily on websites selling the unit, i may do as you suggested im just worried about it disconnecting again. I also could attempt to solder the connection, i dont know how strong it would be

ohms is something i cant find listed easily on websites selling the unit
It wouldn't be published since for the person buying an all-in-one cabinet it doesn't matter as they're really not intending you to swap woofers.
I've repaired numerous broken woofers and I can tell you there is no good way to repair a broken/burnt tinsel lead. Anything you do short of replacing it from the coil lead to the terminal will fail quickly and it is going to be nearly impossible access and solder to the coil lead through the epoxy most manufacturers use for assembly.

It wouldn't be published since for the person buying an all-in-one cabinet it doesn't matter as they're really not intending you to swap woofers.
I've repaired numerous broken woofers and I can tell you there is no good way to repair a broken/burnt tinsel lead. Anything you do short of replacing it from the coil lead to the terminal will fail quickly and it is going to be nearly impossible access and solder to the coil lead through the epoxy most manufacturers use for assembly.
Heard that, thank you.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.