Which speaker to use

Participant count
  • Participant list
So I built a box not paying attention to the specs of my current subs, been, I know. So I'm running alpine bass line 10 svc 4 ohms. The box I built has 2.44 cubic air space. The subs are rated for 1.5-2.5. My question is this, I found a set of Skar audio IX 10's that will work perfect for my air space. Is Skar as reliable as alpine??
Is this a sealed box?
I do not believe that just throwing different entry level subs at the same box will be an upgrade for you either way and I don't think anybody here would call Skar an upgrade.

Just wanted to give a big thanks to everyone for your help today. Youtube and the internet are only so good. Real people's opinions are so much better. I'm a 40 year old dude who's been I to car audio for most of my life but just now getting to the point where I can afford the nicer equipment and not the backyard install crap of my younger years. If y'all are interested I'd like to post pics of my install and see what everyone thinks.

Just wanted to give a big thanks to everyone for your help today. Youtube and the internet are only so good. Real people's opinions are so much better. I'm a 40 year old dude who's been I to car audio for most of my life but just now getting to the point where I can afford the nicer equipment and not the backyard install crap of my younger years. If y'all are interested I'd like to post pics of my install and see what everyone thinks.
I'd love to see the install. Kudos for getting older without getting old. Please post your pictures as a new thread with a respective title so i know to check it out.

I have 2 American Bass TNT-1044s in a 2.5 cubic foot ported box set at 37HZ. Now are they the greatest subs in the world...Hell No! But they hit decent because of one reason...The Ported Box was designed for those subwoofers by a member here. All in all they are not a bad budget subwoofer by any means but like others typical cookie cutter budget subwoofer.

IF I had to do it all over again I would have saved up and gone SSA or Brahma or the XFL's or something with more power since I have a bigger mono block amplifier coming later this month from Apex Audio. I still might upgrade and build a new box in the spring. If I do I will end up either selling these subwoofers or trade them off or give them to my adopted sister.

Also Cliff..
My Brahma comes in tomorrow and I’m very excited to say the least.

Your said your wife was going to kill you...SHE JUST MIGHT when she sees that NEW Subwoofer on the door step tomorrow,lol.

I have 2 American Bass TNT-1044s in a 2.5 cubic foot ported box set at 37HZ. Now are they the greatest subs in the world...Hell No! But they hit decent because of one reason...The Ported Box was designed for those subwoofers by a member here. All in all they are not a bad budget subwoofer by any means but like others typical cookie cutter budget subwoofer.

IF I had to do it all over again I would have saved up and gone SSA or Brahma or the XFL's or something with more power since I have a bigger mono block amplifier coming later this month from Apex Audio. I still might upgrade and build a new box in the spring. If I do I will end up either selling these subwoofers or trade them off or give them to my adopted sister.

Also Cliff..

Your said your wife was going to kill you...SHE JUST MIGHT when she sees that NEW Subwoofer on the door step tomorrow,lol.
Thankfully my wife will be at work while it’s delivered 😁.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.