Massive Audio Hippo Series

xPexelz

CarAudio.com Newbie
Michigan
Looking for some banging 12’s or 1 15” and came across these. Was wondering if anyone has an opinion on them or know if they’re loud, good quality, good spl etc. I’ve read a couple of things saying they they don’t hit lows at all, they’re prone to being blown, and bad design. Any help would be appreciated! Also lmk if you think there is better for the same price ($400-$600)

Looking for some banging 12’s or 1 15” and came across these. Was wondering if anyone has an opinion on them or know if they’re loud, good quality, good spl etc. I’ve read a couple of things saying they they don’t hit lows at all, they’re prone to being blown, and bad design. Any help would be appreciated! Also lmk if you think there is better for the same price ($400-$600)

Is that $400-$600 each or for a pair?

I’ve read a couple of things saying they they don’t hit lows at al
Locally people use 10s and 8s in underseat boxes and they hit hard. They hit lows with authority so I do not know if those you mentioned did something wrong. It may also be that I have not heard the 12s or 15s, but if smaller versions sound that good, it stands to reason that bigger ones will be better.

Fi isnt taking any orders right now, they backed up......im waiting to order a neo Q and i have a feeling its gonna be long time....i highly advise Fi also though, ive been highly impressed with my SSD for years now.....brahma has made its way into my home theater and is stayin (sounds so sweet in a quiet enviroment)

Fi isnt taking any orders right now, they backed up......im waiting to order a neo Q and i have a feeling its gonna be long time....i highly advise Fi also though, ive been highly impressed with my SSD for years now.....brahma has made its way into my home theater and is stayin (sounds so sweet in a quiet enviroment)

I could stop by there and see if I could land you one. They are only about 10 minutes fro. My house.

Damnnn... What makes them worth the money? Are they more for low lows? I just want a daily bumper that isn’t too low thinking around 35 ha is what I want maybe slightly lower. Pretty knew to this but learning as much as I can!

I’m checking them out and have zero knowledge on them but I’d most likely go for the sp4 15 with my budget. Could you help me understand which one is better (compared to the Hippo xl 1524) and why?

I just know that Fi makes good stuff and I've heard what they can do. I've never heard any Massive subs in person.

ive been beatin the hell out of my SSD in an oversized ported box....this thing is a tank for the price, been giving it around 1700 rms and it laughs at it, and ive been tryin to get her smokin

Damnnn... What makes them worth the money? Are they more for low lows? I just want a daily bumper that isn’t too low thinking around 35 ha is what I want maybe slightly lower. Pretty knew to this but learning as much as I can!

They are handmade here in Las Vegas. I'm running an American Bass HD15D2 @32 hz. in my system with a 3K powering it. I'm happy with it and it can take a lot of power. The Fi is probably better, but I don't know if I would be able to hear the difference.

FI is built in america with tougher american wound coils. Massive is off the shelf china same stuff with american bass and soundqubed same build house and motor designs for the most part. Its solid but its nothing special, dime a dozen (decent dime a dozen) but mainly geared towards spl. I'd go with the BL or BTL over the sp4, I've never been impressed by any SP4 builds but i've had my organs rearranged with BTL neos. SP4s dont have any decent efficiency and need stupid power just to get as loud as other subs.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.