Which 15" sub will be the loudest?

Lower bass is not chest punch, its counter intuitive to his goals.
I still think the xfl is a step up. I know what chest punch is. I've sat in over 6 cars tuned to 50hz with DD, Memphis, and more. If his goals are to have the lesser sub, so be it? It would be better if he could do 9 cubes at 36hz.

Well my original plan was to tube my box to 37hz but i was told that would ruin my low end response. And when i said the bass should hit me in the chest i didnt mean it litteraly. I meant that the bass should be heavy and hard. I do enjoy the deep lows that my current subs struggle to hit. I dont really need/want to hear anything over 70hz. I had already decided to go with the xfl but I figured I should see what everyone else thought before i dropped a grand into trunk.
You were told right to tune that way because the box is smaller. The xfl is a good choice. You might already have it, but I recommend you run ofc instead of cca power wire and speaker wire.

I recommend you run ofc instead of cca power wire and speaker wire.
I know that OFC is the right way to go but is there really a massive difference in the power flow? Because i find it better for me to do two runs of CCA 1/0 for $1 a foot than to run one run of OFC for almost $6 a foot. I also plan on having either one or two batteries in the back by the amp. Would it be "good enough" to run CCA from the front to the back and then run OFC to the amp? And should i run 10ga speaker wire?

I know that OFC is the right way to go but is there really a massive difference in the power flow? Because i find it better for me to do two runs of CCA 1/0 for $1 a foot than to run one run of OFC for almost $6 a foot. I also plan on having either one or two batteries in the back by the amp. Would it be "good enough" to run CCA from the front to the back and then run OFC to the amp? And should i run 10ga speaker wire?
Welding cable is better than ofc and costs like CCA, You looking at the wrong stuff.

http://www.wireandsupply.com/category_s/58.htm

I run sky high ofc everything, and don't think it is $6 a foot? You should be fine the way you have it now. I have welding wire in another car, but it hardly has any flex and is to work with.

Can't speak to the HDS15 but the 12s are nasty from 40-50 hz. Gives you that nice throat clenching feeling that a lot of people like. There are a lot of subs out there that do this. And tuning makes a big difference but they seem to like mid 40s the best. I'd think the 15s would peak a little lower.

---------- Post added at 08:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 AM ----------

I can tell you that one ofc run vs one cca run results in a 200-300 watt power loss from the amp.
WAT? C'mon man there's like a tenth of a ohm difference in resistance.

Can't speak to the HDS15 but the 12s are nasty from 40-50 hz. Gives you that nice throat clenching feeling that a lot of people like. There are a lot of subs out there that do this. And tuning makes a big difference but they seem to like mid 40s the best. I'd think the 15s would peak a little lower. 

---------- Post added at 08:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 AM ----------

WAT? C'mon man there's like a tenth of a ohm difference in resistance.
Well I guess every test on YouTube is fake?

Sky high wire svcks. Don't matter if it's cca or OFC it all corrodes like crazy. All my buddies that bought it all have to replace their wire because of corrosion.
Maybe it's because you're in Michigan? What did you switch to that is supposed to be so much better? I'll watch it closely but I'm pretty sure it won't corrode!

Maybe it's because you're in Michigan? What did you switch to that is supposed to be so much better? I'll watch it closely but I'm pretty sure it won't corrode!

Sky high wire just isn't that good. There is moisture in vehicles as the temps change and humidity and stuff lol. Swear to god I have never seen wire corrode like sky high wire does. Almost everyone I know runs eb welding wire now for power and ground... And for speaker wire run everyone has different stuff but I do know no ones has sky high anymore because it corroded on them. And not just the ends of the wire, but all the way through the whole wire/jacket. Let me see if I have any pictures saved..

Sky high wire just isn't that good. There is moisture in vehicles as the temps change and humidity and stuff lol. Swear to god I have never seen wire corrode like sky high wire does. Almost everyone I know runs eb welding wire now for power and ground... And for speaker wire run everyone has different stuff but I do know no ones has sky high anymore because it corroded on them. And not just the ends of the wire, but all the way through the whole wire/jacket. Let me see if I have any pictures saved..
Does the eb have any flex? I don't think it will corrode in Texas, but I'll be the first to let you know. I'm gonna run 6 punch pro 8s with sky high and punch pro tweeters with 16 gauge Stinger ofc. If you're right the sky high will look worse than the stinger wire? I've used sky high cca in the past and when I uninstalled it, it still looked good.

Would 2 runs of 1/0 CCA be better than 1 run of OFC? Because for me CCA is a much cheaper option because i can get 50 feet for $50 instead of 50 ft for $100. Or do you think 1 run of CCA would be plenty for a 2800 rms?

Would 2 runs of 1/0 CCA be better than 1 run of OFC? Because for me CCA is a much cheaper option because i can get 50 feet for $50 instead of 50 ft for $100. Or do you think 1 run of CCA would be plenty for a 2800 rms?

Eb welding wire. It's $1.68 a foot 2/0 which is same size as car audio 1/0....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.