Which 15" sub will be the loudest?

BSchrowang

Budget Builder
I am trying to choose between 2 different 15"s.

The American Bass XFL 1544

1200rms

Dual 4 ohm

Or the Soundqubed HDS315-D4

1500rms

Dual 4 ohm

I would be running 2 of these in a trunk box ported around 32hz and about 6 or 7 cu ft.

Will be running off a Planet Audio BB4000.1 at 1 ohm (2500-2800rms)

I want to know which sub will produce a higer spl number but also retain a reasonable sq.

And please dont just say buy a kicker or recommend me a $500 sub or amp.

I would do the American Bass XR 15 (it's not much more than the XFL and has slightly better soft parts). Will meter slightly less but is more musical (its a good daily sub).

I would do the American Bass XR 15
I took a look at the XR and it does look pretty good but i am more concerned that there are little to no reviews on it and i cant seem to find any specs on it other than rms. And im not overly worried about what it will meter but i definitely want the bass to hit you in the chest

I took a look at the XR and it does look pretty good but i am more concerned that there are little to no reviews on it and i cant seem to find any specs on it other than rms. And im not overly worried about what it will meter but i definitely want the bass to hit you in the chest
I would stay away from AB and go straight to soundqubed if you want that punchy chest bass. American bass tend to give a smoother low end rumble and throaty, ear pressurizing, car windshield flexing bass in most boxes vs the typical 40-55hz chest punch sound signature you get from soundqubed in most boxes. Unless you gonna experiment, most generic custom ported boxes lead to those results. Dont tune low either 32hz is a mistake if you going with soundqubed. 8 cubes tuned to 35-36 would be good.

I know a good single 18 that would work perfectly in that space with that power //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Well my original plan was to tube my box to 37hz but i was told that would ruin my low end response. And when i said the bass should hit me in the chest i didnt mean it litteraly. I meant that the bass should be heavy and hard. I do enjoy the deep lows that my current subs struggle to hit. I dont really need/want to hear anything over 70hz. I had already decided to go with the xfl but I figured I should see what everyone else thought before i dropped a grand into trunk.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.