What sub should I get?

Jdoghaf

CarAudio.com Newbie
Utah
Hello everyone. I recently purchased a 2004 Chevy Silverado and was pleased to find that the previous owner had already installed an after market radio (Kenwood KMM-322BT) as well as a 5 channel amp (Kenwood KAC-X650D). The sound system is already up to my standard except for it’s missing a sub. What sub would you guys recommend for this amp? I tried looking through the specs, but found that there were different specs depending on if you are using 12v or 14.4v. I tried to determine the voltage by putting a voltmeter on the power terminals but got a reading 26 volts - so I’m a little confused there…

I’m obviously not an expert at this stuff, so any help is appreciated.

I've never known anyone to be pleased with the way the sub performs off the 5th channel of an amp.
Is the truck an extended cab or regular cab
You should already have the wiring there so adding a new sub and amp should be easy
The question is how much space are you working with and/or how much space are you willing to part with

Hello everyone. I recently purchased a 2004 Chevy Silverado and was pleased to find that the previous owner had already installed an after market radio (Kenwood KMM-322BT) as well as a 5 channel amp (Kenwood KAC-X650D). The sound system is already up to my standard except for it’s missing a sub. What sub would you guys recommend for this amp? I tried looking through the specs, but found that there were different specs depending on if you are using 12v or 14.4v. I tried to determine the voltage by putting a voltmeter on the power terminals but got a reading 26 volts - so I’m a little confused there…

I’m obviously not an expert at this stuff, so any help is appreciated.

How much bass do you want?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...