What size wire? Seriously...

CarAudio.com Regular
The Orion HCCA 3000.1DSPLX requires three 300A fuses. Does this mean I need wiring that can sustain 900A of current? (or does this mean I need three 100A fuses?) I have never worked with amps that have more than one power input. I also have to decide on what amp(s) I will be using for my mids/highs. I figure they will not use more than 150A of fusing between them.

So this leads me to my concern. Can I get away with NOT using 4/0 wire? Will 2/0 be sufficient for a single ~17' run to the back?

orionsnippet.png

Last edited:
How many feet are you ordering again? Nvm figured it out 60 feet it looks like. For the cost the Excelene which is better then the standard 2/0 they use would be 119.64 with free shipping for 25 feet of it or 138.94 for 30 feet of it with free shipping. So if the other ones at 124.50 want to charge an additional 10 bucks for shipping I would go to the upgraded excelene and just use the red and black colors. I've used the blue you are using and liked it. But I've also used the excelene and it is a better wire from them. So something to take into account. Either way using the welding wire from them is a good choice. You won't be disappointed. The latest batch I got from them is 2.5 years old and no corroding at all anywhere in my vehicle. You will want a good set of crimpers and what not. I bought the ones below from amazon and for the cost worth every penny as it goes from 4/0 down to 12 gauge.

heck now they sell it with the copper lugs! for 33 bucks that is a decent deal.

Amazon product ASIN B0BYMS14TN

Last edited:
Wow, just read where the remote turn on needs a 10 gauge lead for the remote. Might Want to find out what the remote turn on requirements are, I could not find that info on the Orion page. I'd give them a call to see if the short lead from your RF DSP unit is going to supply enough turn on current. I don't believe that 10 gauge is unscary for a a 3 or 4 foot run, but best to find out. 16 gauge should more than adequate. If they say no, then you'll want to install a remote turn on relay, something like this Bosch:

Amazon product ASIN B004Z0W1LM
With that relay coming off the DSP unit, you cold run all three amplifiers too.

How many feet are you ordering again? Nvm figured it out 60 feet it looks like. For the cost the Excelene which is better then the standard 2/0 they use would be 119.64 with free shipping for 25 feet of it or 138.94 for 30 feet of it with free shipping. So if the other ones at 124.50 want to charge an additional 10 bucks for shipping I would go to the upgraded excelene and just use the red and black colors. I've used the blue you are using and liked it. But I've also used the excelene and it is a better wire from them. So something to take into account. Either way using the welding wire from them is a good choice. You won't be disappointed. The latest batch I got from them is 2.5 years old and no corroding at all anywhere in my vehicle. You will want a good set of crimpers and what not. I bought the ones below from amazon and for the cost worth every penny as it goes from 4/0 down to 12 gauge.

heck now they sell it with the copper lugs! for 33 bucks that is a decent deal.

Amazon product ASIN B0BYMS14TN
Wonder if these would be any good?

Amazon product ASIN B09Y8MKPG3

Wow, just read where the remote turn on needs a 10 gauge lead for the remote. Might Want to find out what the remote turn on requirements are, I could not find that info on the Orion page. I'd give them a call to see if the short lead from your RF DSP unit is going to supply enough turn on current. I don't believe that 10 gauge is unscary for a a 3 or 4 foot run, but best to find out. 16 gauge should more than adequate. If they say no, then you'll want to install a remote turn on relay, something like this Bosch:

Amazon product ASIN B004Z0W1LM
With that relay coming off the DSP unit, you cold run all three amplifiers too.
1702270204701.png

I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that's the maximum sizes you COULD, FIT.

Remote turn on is just a simple on/off switch, and usually only around a few hundred millivolts. That would be a 20 amp switch.

I wouldn't buy them, for the cost go with the other set as it comes with a set of cutters as well and trust me those cutters are needed when cutting that wire. Not too mention the different sizes are built right into the crimpers unlike those.

Email Nicholas Stark at Apex custom alternators, they're great, reasonable and make a good product Fill this out, and he will give the options available on the car you have. They don't sell the reduced size belts but they provide the information on the size Dayco belt you'll need to get.

I just sent these guys a message. I'll report back with my findings.

My advice get the hydraulic crimper I used the Amazon branded one.

Remote wire can be tiny as it doesn't carry much current. If you use a relay you need a diode on the remote trigger to keep back feed from potentially frying the radios remote out. I don't really think it matters much for radios of this day in age but it's still recommended

We have a few different options for this vehicle. I'll list them below, they're all direct bolt ons/plug and play.

260 amp small case 6 phase hairpin $339
(120-140 amps at idle)

320 amp small case 6 phase hairpin $389
(160-180 amps at idle)

350 amp small case 6 phase hairpin $429
(200 amps at idle)

Shipping is free in the United States.

Powdercoating is $40 additional cost in any color.

Warranty is one year warranty on parts/lifetime on labor.

To pay, we accept paypal/venmo/debit or credit card, please provide the best email to send the invoice to.

If you prefer to call to order, please let us know.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...