what should I do

Participant count
  • Participant list

wcabra

CarAudio.com Newbie
I have 2 Rockford Fosgate p3's and 1 jlaudio W7 1jlaudio 1000/1 (12's speaker size) Is there an advantage to hooking them all up or would it be pointless i.e. the w7 drounding out the p3's? also want to know if the three subs can run off the one amp? let me know and thank you guys!!

It is never a good idea to mix and match subwoofers. If you have to ask definitely do not attempt this!

W7 in a proper box on the 1000/1 should be a great sub-stage. No sense over-complicating this, and if you really do need to get much louder and have enough space for so much cone area there's probably better ways to get there.

It is never a good idea to mix and match subwoofers. If you have to ask definitely do not attempt this!

W7 in a proper box on the 1000/1 should be a great sub-stage. No sense over-complicating this, and if you really do need to get much louder and have enough space for so much cone area there's probably better ways to get there.
its in a red eye box so the box is good but i have these laying around and though maybe a project?

its in a red eye box so the box is good but i have these laying around and though maybe a project?
Those JL built boxes are pretty good, you could get a little more output building your own but probably not worth the cost of wood if you don't enjoy a carpentry project.

Don't mix and match subwoofers, results will be unpredictable (but probably poor) and you risk damaging your subs because the amps will not be delivering the same power to everything ever.

There may be ways to run multiple different woofers in a vehicle effectively but it will not be worth the trouble.

Those JL built boxes are pretty good, you could get a little more output building your own but probably not worth the cost of wood if you don't enjoy a carpentry project.

Don't mix and match subwoofers, results will be unpredictable (but probably poor) and you risk damaging your subs because the amps will not be delivering the same power to everything ever.

There may be ways to run multiple different woofers in a vehicle effectively but it will not be worth the trouble.
Thank you!

I would run the P3s for about a week, then run the JL for a week to see which of the two you like best, and run it.

I'd almost wager the 2 p3s in a properly built ported box would be a fair bit louder than the single w7 on the same 1000w.

But once you compare the xmax of the w7 at 29mm to the 15.3 of the p3 they become much more similar. I'd probably run the w7 just for space savings.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...