What do i need do stop my headlight dimming? Superbank? agm? bigger alternator?

I have a multi meter but im pretty basic on knowledge.. Can you tell me where to check?

Check battery voltage while vehicle is off, while vehicle is running, and while playing music and having the diming issue. I don't think you have a ground issue personally. I think you have an alternator or battery problem.

You have an alternator or battery issue as Pop said. I run a 250 with almost 4K in wattage and I don't drop from 14.2 at all regardless of rpm's.
The. XS power battery and the JSalternator are new... What brands are u running? Ive already sent the alternator back to JS because of the dimming and it was supposed to have a output of 300 amps. JS wont tell me what they did to it while they had it but nothing changed when i got it back... Worst customer service ever. I have no idea if they even tested it.. No test results given.

Take the battery to autozone and have them load test it. I'm putting my money on the alternator being **** though.
I did load test the battery right before i sent the JS alternator in for service and it tested good then... Jeep as been sitting for the 2 weeks the alt was gone. What brand alternator u run? JS alternator customer service has been a nightmare to deal with.. No phone number, wont return requests to call and wont answer emails..

I did load test the battery right before i sent the JS alternator in for service and it tested good then... Jeep as been sitting for the 2 weeks the alt was gone. What brand alternator u run? JS alternator customer service has been a nightmare to deal with.. No phone number, wont return requests to call and wont answer emails..

I run DC Power alt. I spent the extra money with them to insure I wouldn't have any problems since it's a PITA to replace. Going on 10 years with no problems.

I use one built by a family friend's business unfortunately I have not been able to get a hold of them for someone else. The few times I have hear about people running JS it was never any good.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...