What 10's should I get

How do you like those American bass drivers in your sig? My friend just got two 12s and says they get ridiculously loud with 1.1kw each. My local store also sells American bass so that could be a possibility. He was also showing me 10 inch Memphis c3 for $125/ each

How do you like those American bass drivers in your sig? My friend just got two 12s and says they get ridiculously loud with 1.1kw each. My local store also sells American bass so that could be a possibility. He was also showing me 10 inch Memphis c3 for $125/ each

Dayton HF 10"

Each 10 will need around 1.5 sealed though b/c of the very high Qts

F3 should be in the low 40's maybe even high 30's which is amazing for a sealed enclosure and a 10" diameter

I absolutely love my XFL. They're totally underrated, too, they can easily handle 2k of clean power all day. They love the lows and if your box is built right they will be as tight, clean, and punchy as any sealed setup but can absolutely pound when Gas Pedal comes on, or any other rap song for that matter. They like the lows, too!

---------- Post added at 08:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 AM ----------

Ha, did I mention they like the lows? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

More cone area is only a fraction of the equation. You must also have motor force, xmax, power and the correct enclosure.

The assertion that more cone area = more sound pressure is akin to saying that by putting 40 series tires on a station wagon, you've made it a dragster.

There's no replacement for displacement.

That being said, subs in too small of a box won't move properly, and a port, in practice counts as more radiating area. From my testing, the limiting factor for me has been box volume. For example, the difference between 2 18's in 8 cube vs. 1 18, or 2 12's in 8 cube is only around or less than 1dB. The old Fusion Jonah Lamu (sp?) woofers were quite nice, but as far as I know most of the rest of their lineup was pretty weak. I had a couple of their big surfboard amps that made good power but liked to randomly self destruct. Most of their lineup is very similar to audiobling. All show and no go.

Figure out how much space you have to work with and how much power you can supply and plan around that.

You have all made excellent points and I think my idea of 4 10s was shooting for a 'cool' factor when looking at it and not being realistic with the sound and what I have to work with. That being said, I'm going to get a new amp (probably a Hifonics Zeus series), and another alpine type r 12 since I already have one.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.