Warden daily?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is a sub that takes a lot of power right? Someone made a blanket statement that ALL subs that take alot of power sound bad so your point is null and void.
Tc sounds has exceptions to an extent. It still comes down to the fact that if you have any sub on 500 watts it will sound better than the same sub with 2000 watts on it

Tc sounds has exceptions to an extent. It still comes down to the fact that if you have any sub on 500 watts it will sound better than the same sub with 2000 watts on it
I bet a dc lvl 6 sounds better with 2k on it than 500 watts.

Doubt it. I don't even think you will get the lvl 6 to barely move with 500 watts. I mean lets be real. It all boils down to how the sub is built for how much power it needs to sound best.

According to your theory, every sub should be sq subs with 10 watts on them.

3 cubes is small for most 15's, its going to peaky anyway, so pick which ever sub gives you a boner. I guess.
thank you. since we are dealing with the stipulation he clearly gave at the beginning 3 cubic feet with a completely undetermined port area:length ratio. we have to just look at the proposed compression chamber volume of 3 cubic feet. if in a bass reflex with nearly ANY port combination to "tune it to 32Hz (for whatever reason)" and sealed or unsealed as a "semi-wall" application in a small sedan with target listening position of driver headrest and hands bound behind our back with the initially proposed Warden 15".....as AudioHolic said............it's going to be peaky. if you drew the response curve on paper, it would get a gay man aroused or attract rhinoceros.

that aside, and say the response curve were smooth over the single octave the sub would cover, the likelihood that you would maintain the same level of output from your midbass drivers, midrange drivers and tweeters to match that of the sub ******* up 1500w of power is not very good. so someone was right back there if they meant that at 1500w of input power the SQ would not be so good.....i would say that's true because of the proposed enclosure type, sub and supporting mids/highs.

why does the box have to be a bass reflex alignment, not to mention why it has to be tuned to 32Hz?

I'll think about the dd it prolly be about 5OO shipped though.
How about two sundown z 12s on a sundown 25OO. Sound about right for power idk no power recommendations givin and ssa had noohing bigger on the site cept the 4O.1
It was $60 to ship to me iirc

I bet a dc lvl 6 sounds better with 2k on it than 500 watts.
I cannot believe people still believe that X sub doesn't sound as good off lower power. My APX has the same sq (or lack thereof) off 200 watts as it does off of 1500. My DD has the same sq off 50 watts as it does off 1500. Any difference from cone travel distortion is negligible.

Out of curiosity, about how high of an fs is too high for daily?
I like a low f/s when possible, but it also depends on the size of the woofer. Some woofers like 8"s will tend to have a higher fs than the same series woofer say in a 12 or 15.

I like Fs in the mid to low 30's at least, I wish mine was lower, like mid 20's. But it all depends on your goals.

Maybe I should rephrase and say the sound quality tends to decrease. And why the fuck are you being so technical? You know exactly what I mean.
For instance, a Fi Q vs. a BTL. 1000w vs. 2000w (both with options). You tell me which one is going to have higher sound quality.

LOL, i just went from a Fi Q 15 @ 1000rms to a BTL 18" @ 2000rms. and i can say while its WAY louder, it also doesn't sound as clean as before.

I cannot believe people still believe that X sub doesn't sound as good off lower power. My APX has the same sq (or lack thereof) off 200 watts as it does off of 1500. My DD has the same sq off 50 watts as it does off 1500. Any difference from cone travel distortion is negligible.
We are speaking technically here. Just because distortion is nearly impossible to hear at low frequencies doesn't mean it isn't there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...