VERY interesting Type-r info....

They get extremely loud for the money.
Its not that no one cares they are for sealed boxes, it is those that use sealed boxes do not run type rs.
This, why take the Type R out of a ported box where it really shines, to get sound quality out of it? If you wanted SQ, why get an ARGHHH in the first place?

It's not that I'm trying to make the ultimate SQ system, I just want to make what I already have sound the best I can.....

It's not that I'm trying to make the ultimate SQ system, I just want to make what I already have sound the best I can.....
Then I say try it. I personally do not care for the type rs sealed but you may and its your system so who cares what anyone else thinks?

WOW.... ONE MORE TIME

Don't expect a ton of SQ from these subs, just want to make them sound as GOOD AS THEY CAN.....

I realize I should have gotten something different, but I got a great deal on these at my local shop and for what I paid I am happy....

I see myself changing subs in the next couple months, but FOR NOW I am just looking to make them sound as good as a type-r can sound...

Sell the Argggg's.

with that money, buy re se's

run them ported

they will sound better than the arggg's sound sealed

or if you are smart,

save up for a pair of W7's.

run ported.

make your ears jizz

It sounds like you guys are saying "don't try to make type-r's something they are not, use them for what they were made for, ported"

that's my point EXACTLY....

The original quote was showing that they were made for SEALED...

Not trying to start crap, just trying to share a very interesting post that is obviously wrong

Sell the Argggg's.
with that money, buy re se's

run them ported

they will sound better than the arggg's sound sealed"

That's funny, I was originally gonna get the new RE SEX's, but I am holding off a couple months to see how the new designs work out for people, a lot of people are hating on their changes....

I've come to the conclusion that a lot of people on here don't care how it sounds, as long as its LOUD.... Sorry, not me
Who would you listen to, a guy who OBVIOUSLY knows what he's talking about, or some random guy on a forum saying "I don't know why, just port em dude"

I guess I'd rather run more subs with a ton of power in an enclosure that actually sounds decent....
SQ =! Lots of power. In a perfect world your sub wouldnt be noticable.

They get extremely loud for the money.
Its not that no one cares they are for sealed boxes, it is those that use sealed boxes do not run type rs.
Not true. But if someone has ran sealed and is happy with it, they may not port it. So its hard to find someone who has run both and isnt biased.

WOW.... ONE MORE TIME
Don't expect a ton of SQ from these subs, just want to make them sound as GOOD AS THEY CAN.....

I realize I should have gotten something different, but I got a great deal on these at my local shop and for what I paid I am happy....

I see myself changing subs in the next couple months, but FOR NOW I am just looking to make them sound as good as a type-r can sound...
I would run ported tuned to 27hz for a SQ set up. The point to running sealed is a flatter response, but I feel a sealed enclosure can sometimes puts added strain on the mechanical aspect of the subwoofer. If I can achieve a flat response running a low tuned ported box, with less power to get the same output, why not?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.