VERY interesting Type-r info....

Thanx BigBang.... I guess I will be making a ported box when I get a few extra hours... I was looking for experience with the type-r ported vs type-r sealed, not "I had RE's and they sounded better ported"..... some subs work better sealed, and some work better ported...

I was just trying to share what seamed like INTELLIGENT insight.... not some random 16year old saying what he guesses

Yeah i think it all boils down to if you can listen to a crappy boomy sub or not...I for one cannot.And that is why my 3 type R`s are in about 3 cubes with a 20.1 incriminator on them.They Are not the loudest but they Have great Flinch Factor and are Squeeky clean .

Definitely sonics over output.I tried the ported box first and it wasnt bad but it really was lacking after about 35 hz on down (Spectrally speaking) . And i listen to a lot of stuff that has information around there . Excellent advice from the Ex Rockford guy !!! I must say i concur . Just ... i like to look at a subs EBP as well as its Fs along with its Q with actually .7 being a little dry for me. but you can make a pretty accurate assessment with these 3 figures as to what kind of box you need to do.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.