Type R guru's ONLY please:

I'm just sick of jntar always hating on the type-r when he has ZERO testing to prove otherwise.
I mean honestly, I try to help people out, and all i do is catch **** for it. You all know there is no possible way for me to test out a type-r in every single environment known to man. I've just posted the results we've done in NUMEROUS (i'm talking 10+ cars here) situations, and the type-r has been a PROVEN performer over many higher priced and supposedly higher performance subs.

All people like jntar do is hate on the sub because of all the d*mn threads that have been posted. I don't blame him. But he hates on it for a completely ridiculous reason (because other people like it basically). Let's go back a year or so and see all the d*mn threads pertaining to RE and adire. Yet, people catch no flack for recommending their stuff all the time when they have no testing of their own.

I don't get it.
Tommy we can talk about this on AIM tonight. Your views on me will change, I dont hate the speaker or any of you. I hate the BS bandwagon posts. Ill further explain later. Oh, I do have experience with this sub BTW //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

as soon as I sell my RF P3's im getting me a pair of type R 12's... two question though are the Punch P3 almost the same as the punch HX2? and do the Type have higher SPL and SQ than the kicker comp vr?

as soon as I sell my RF P3's im getting me a pair of type R 12's... two question though are the Punch P3 almost the same as the punch HX2? and do the Type have higher SPL and SQ than the kicker comp vr?
the CVR is louder up to 500 watts //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

the type R sounds better all around.

its gonna a sound good, BUT, i would suggest a 34-36 hz tuning

to get more out of it,

the type R's tend to heat up when they hit those really really low notes, still sound awsome though

Hx2>Type R spl.....
As we all know, it's completely install dependent. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Both in their optimal enclosures, the HX2 MAY edge out in SPL, but i think the type-r would hold its own and sound better doing it.

We will know by this weekend. I plan to listen to both and explain to all. Here's the two boxes I have and will swap the 12" subs back and forth:

- 1.1 cu ft sealed for the Type R

- 3.0 cu ft ported @ 28Hz designed/built by "MoeLester" for the HX2 last week.

Both tests will be done using an Eclipse 8454 and Diamond Audio D7401 amp (800x1).

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.