12" Type X

Psyence
10+ year member

Customized
Canada
Has anyone had an Alpine Type X 12" onto something that would put out the power if an Alpine MRD-M1005? (This is rated at 1000W RMS, but some people are saying its doing about 700-800W RMS)

I had a Type R, and I just dont want to be so finicky(sp) with the volume/bass knob //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif I blew a Type R already.

PS - Why is there no 15" Type X?! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

So I guess in comparison, the Type X, and a Type R with the same amount of power be just as loud as each other??

Thanks.

Type - R puts out more SPL and the Type X is more Sq oriented . IIRC they dont make 15 type X's . Question how exactly did you blow your R ?

Type-r will be better suited for a daily SPL system. They can take a lot of power, and put up decent numbers. They shouldn't blow unless you over drive them(or clip them).

The Type-x is a better SQ driver.

If that sub can handle so little clipping , it's no wonder Alpine is selling them at $100 a pop.

Being the SQ person I am, I'd say go with the Type X. Or possibly a different brand altogether.

If that sub can handle so little clipping , it's no wonder Alpine is selling them at $100 a pop.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gif

If you have nothing of intelligence to add, please don't.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gifIf you have nothing of intelligence to add, please don't.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gif

THIS is probably the biggest seller of Type R woofers. You'll notice a > 120% markup. The only reasons behind such a markup is either huge popularity or a high return rate. If it's the former, Alpine is going to follow supply and demand and double their current price next year. If it's the latter, it means that there are "professional" installers out there that believe an amps "full potential" is reached at full gain working at Best Buy, and dead Type Rs are more common than we think.

without having much experience with either, (only the r 12 sealed) i would say that a type x can get as loud as a the type r and sound better, simply because of the fact that with a lot of power, anything can get loud... but the x will sound better as well... BUT with the power you have, get a type R 15 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif you will be happy i'm sure

Why even try to go that route? If you are looking for something loud, which you apparently are, then a sealed subwoofer will just make you turn it up even more, blowing yet another one...

Go ported.

Well, for the simple fact that I dont think I can fit a ported 15 where I need it to go.

Secondly the RMS Rating on a 15" Type R is 750W, which is closer to what my amp puts out.

When people say that a Type X doenst get as loud as a Type R ... I mean, how much difference are we talking?! I dont see the Type R getting too much louder than the Type X???

i recently got a 12" type-x. do not listen to these fools who says the type-r is louder...my cousin has 2 type-r's and my X is still louder, not to mention that it totaly destroys it in SQ.

i recently got a 12" type-x. do not listen to these fools who says the type-r is louder...my cousin has 2 type-r's and my X is still louder, not to mention that it totaly destroys it in SQ.

That is irrelevant, since both are in to different installations, boxes are different, as well as amps.

Swap out you Type X for one of his Type R's, and you will be able to tell us which is louder..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.