Type R guru's ONLY please:

"R" haters are welcome too...I got this (NIB) Type R sub so cheap (through a Best Buy employee that gets HUGE discounts) I might just go ahead and stick it in there to see just how loud it will go before it POPS //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/yumyum.gif.0556df42231b304b9c995aefd13928a8.gif to see what all this talk is about!
you know you should try that. and see how far u get

3 cubes will most likely be too large for the 12" type-r. I'd say throw some solid objects (cinder blocks, scrap wood, etc.) in the box to knock the size down a bit and throw it in there for a quick listen.

It's not the most optimal testing solution, but it'll start to give you an idea. Type-r's are very potent woofers if put in the right enclosure and fed the power they need.

Someone had mentioned that the HX2 might get louder than the Type-R... This is FALSE.

I had a Type-R, and I blew it out of my own stupidity, but I have a HX2 in there now till I get my Type X, and the Type R was waaay louder, and cleaner than this HX2 could ever get.

Just my 2 cents.

Word!

Someone had mentioned that the HX2 might get louder than the Type-R... This is FALSE.
I had a Type-R, and I blew it out of my own stupidity, but I have a HX2 in there now till I get my Type X, and the Type R was waaay louder, and cleaner than this HX2 could ever get.

Just my 2 cents.

Word!
Question, solved...thanks. Also what cu ft was your encloser?

Do you have some real world testing to prove otherwise?
That guy has owned and used both.....
Other than a vague impression of a customers Type-r and my old Hx2 nope. My install was a hell of a lot louder than his Type-r.

I was commenting on the install factor. Probably should have been a bit clearer for the type-r cult.

Generalizing that the type-r will always be louder than an Hx2 is false.

Do you have some real world testing to prove otherwise?
That guy has owned and used both.....
But has that guy used both in every emaginable situation? If no, then how can he say that the type R will ALWAYS be louder? Or better worded how can he say that the Hx2 getting louder then the R is false?

I can put a type R 12 in a 1cu.ft. sealed box with 1watt and have a pyramid 12 with 100 watts in its perfect ported box...would the pyramid have a chance to get louder? Yes. Therefor before you are so vague as to say that they type r will be louder every single time you need to get the facts strait.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.