Two Separate Sub Boxes - Wiring Help

Participant count
  • Participant list
they are actually vented my bad.
If they are in fact DVC2 ohm subs you can check with a DMM/ Digital multimeter and check the final ohm load per sub enclosure and wire accordingly. There is a You Tube Vid you can watch to set the DMM and how to test a sub woofer properly.You can buy a multi meter at Walmart for like $20-30 bucks if you do not have one or Harbor freight.Its a good tool to have for all electronics to use for cars speakers home electrical ect..Let me know the final load of each sub that you have.If you have a final ohm load of 2 ohms each for each sub you will need to wire to a final 1 ohm load/ meaning that you more than likely have DVC4 ohm subs and not 2 ohm

Last edited by a moderator:
Its easier to pull the subs and check to make sure. The beauty ring is Plastic and may be glued on, and may crack by pulling. Sometimes you can take a heat gun or a hair dryer and heat up and start removing when the glue begins to give from the heat, Small areas at a time.

Its easier to pull the subs and check to make sure. The beauty ring is Plastic and may be glued on, and may crack by pulling. Sometimes you can take a heat gun or a hair dryer and heat up and start removing when the glue begins to give from the heat, Small areas at a time.
i will get back to you tomorrow after i give another go at taking it apart, thank you

Why is this getting so complicated?   If his prefab boxes are 2 ohm load he can wire both in parallel for 1 ohm final load, buy that audioque or any other decent Korean 1200W amp and be good.   How does it matter if the subs are dual 1, dual 4, or single 2 so long as each box is a 2 ohm load?

FFS, I hope OP doesn't break his subs on that wild goose chase.

Why is this getting so complicated?   If his prefab boxes are 2 ohm load he can wire both in parallel for 1 ohm final load, buy that audioque or any other decent Korean 1200W amp and be good.   How does it matter if the subs are dual 1, dual 4, or single 2 so long as each box is a 2 ohm load?

FFS, I hope OP doesn't break his subs on that wild goose chase.
He doesnt know for sure if these are in fact a final 2 ohm load from what Ive been getting out of this thread. DVC4, DVC2, SVC2? I have no idea what model # of which were not given other than a pic of what he thinks he has??So why not get the correct information of what he actually has rather than speculation?That outter ring will come off and get to the screws with a little work, Subs will not get broken?how the subs going get broken?LOL.If they are DVC2 and if he wires up incorrectly, he will be at a 1/2 ohm load and blow the subs and possibly fry an amp.I dont like giving wrong information off of speculation, but rather than facts.Takes ten minutes to pull that sub.each sub to make sure.Sure any decent mono amp will work of 1200-2k, but not all at 1/2ohm

He doesnt know for sure if these are in fact a final 2 ohm load from what Ive been getting out of this thread. DVC4, DVC2, SVC2? I have no idea what model # of which were not given other than a pic of what he thinks he has??So why not get the correct information of what he actually has rather than speculation?That outter ring will come off and get to the screws with a little work, Subs will not get broken?how the subs going get broken?LOL.If they are DVC2 and if he wires up incorrectly, he will be at a 1/2 ohm load and blow the subs and possibly fry an amp.I dont like giving wrong information off of speculation, but rather than facts.Takes ten minutes to pull that sub.each sub to make sure.Sure any decent mono amp will work of 1200-2k, but not all at 1/2ohm
If you can't use your head, at least learn to use google.   Kicker CompR ONLY comes in 2 ohm in that single sub loaded box:

https://www.kicker.com/2016-compr-loaded-enclosures

Find a good quality 1 ohm stable amp, parallel both boxes, enjoy.

If you can't use your head, at least learn to use google.   Kicker CompR ONLY comes in 2 ohm in that single sub loaded box:

Not all those come in 2 ohm.. They come in 4 and 8 ohm as well.I dont need google to help me with knowing that. Ive been and still am around those enclosures, and they come in different configurations from SVC 4,SVC2, DVC2, DVC4,and even DVC8.We dont know for sure what he has till we know an exact model # and ohm load on that sub, how old they are or what year model they are. He doesnt even know for a fact if its a final 2 ohm load without testing that sub or knowing the model #, or pulling each one, its all hear say to me

So just throw a 1 ohm mono amp on those and have fun!! Assuming isnt what I do. People and even manufact. have made or placed different subs in preloaded enclosures to push them out the doors.. even bought used subs are changed out in those enclosures.

Not all those come in 2 ohm.
The raw sub comes in 2 or 4 ohm, the loaded enclosures are ALL 2 ohm.

That is a rather old Kicker box and by the description they can't even figure out if it's a 10" or 12" sub (they say both).  I wouldn't read too much into that.

Consider also almost all their amps have been 2 ohm stable for ages now (particularly the 500-600W range that they likely try to pitch to power that).  Best Buy claims 2 ohm load on that model number as well.

they make DVC4, and even have made DVC8, SVC2, SVC4, SVC8.. They have even made a DVC1
OK, so show me one that looks like OP's pic that isn't 2 ohm.  Ideally on the Kicker website.  In fact you'll find if you download 2013, 2015, and 2016 manuals for CompR line they ONLY come in 2 or 4 ohm and I'd imagine the 4 ohm one is what they load into the 2 sub loaded box to get the 2 ohm final load (that all their loaded boxes have because that's the impedance their amps are designed to output to).

Kicker has made all kinds of things but CompR line is relatively new and has only a few options.

The raw sub comes in 2 or 4 ohm, the loaded enclosures are ALL 2 ohm.

That is a rather old Kicker box and by the description they can't even figure out if it's a 10" or 12" sub (they say both).  I wouldn't read too much into that.

Consider also almost all their amps have been 2 ohm stable for ages now (particularly the 500-600W range that they likely try to pitch to power that).  Best Buy claims 2 ohm load on that model number as well.

OK, so show me one that looks like OP's pic that isn't 2 ohm.  Ideally on the Kicker website.  In fact you'll find if you download 2013, 2015, and 2016 manuals for CompR line they ONLY come in 2 or 4 ohm and I'd imagine the 4 ohm one is what they load into the 2 sub loaded box to get the 2 ohm final load (that all their loaded boxes have because that's the impedance their amps are designed to output to).

Kicker has made all kinds of things but CompR line is relatively new and has only a few options.
I value your point.. But as whats been written in this thread I still havent gotten the correct information of exactly what he has, other than a pic from a web site, and not what he has directly with a valid pic of his sub and or enclosures with model # or ohm of the subs. He may in fact have a different sub/ or subs/ He may even have one DVC4 and one SVC2 ohm sub??He may have a Cversion sub in a Comp R enclosure? Hell we dont know or will not know for a fact till he gives a pic??We have seen time and time again people say what they have and in fact when a pic is provided, it is not what was stated from the beginning, and time wasted on speculation as well as wrongful information given from what was assumed to have been had within the first place rather than what was stated.Simple realistic pics provided rather than assuming, and correct recommendations proceed.Pretty simple.What if, what if?? LOL. Thats assumption.. a pic of something from a website, and then saying its a DVC2?? Assumptions.. Pull the subs, take a pic of the AZZ and go from there. Take ten minutes thats it??

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.