Two Separate Sub Boxes - Wiring Help

Participant count
  • Participant list
He may be able to get buy and be happy with a smaller amplifier as well and save some $ to put in his gas tank next week??
lets assume they are a 2 ohm load each how would i wire them? i know for a fact they are actually comp Rs as i have bought them from reputable sources, and i also know its 2 ohms because that's what I'm running on my amp at the moment and my second one is currently still in the box...i would rather risk possibly blowing them and being covered by the warranty than taking them apart and having it voided all together. I contacted best buy and they said that it will void the warranty if i decide to pull them out.

I value your point.. But as whats been written in this thread I still havent gotten the correct information of exactly what he has, other than a pic from a web site, and not what he has directly with a valid pic of his sub and or enclosures with model # or ohm of the subs. He may in fact have a different sub/ or subs/ He may even have one DVC4 and one SVC2 ohm sub??He may have a Cversion sub in a Comp R enclosure? Hell we dont know or will not know for a fact till he gives a pic??We have seen time and time again people say what they have and in fact when a pic is provided, it is not what was stated from the beginning, and time wasted on speculation as well as wrongful information given from what was assumed to have been had within the first place rather than what was stated.Simple realistic pics provided rather than assuming, and correct recommendations proceed.Pretty simple.What if, what if?? LOL. Thats assumption.. a pic of something from a website, and then saying its a DVC2?? Assumptions.. Pull the subs, take a pic of the AZZ and go from there. Take ten minutes thats it??
Also they are the 2016 model if that changes anything

lets assume they are a 2 ohm load each how would i wire them? i know for a fact they are actually comp Rs as i have bought them from reputable sources, and i also know its 2 ohms because that's what I'm running on my amp at the moment and my second one is currently still in the box...i would rather risk possibly blowing them and being covered by the warranty than taking them apart and having it voided all together. I contacted best buy and they said that it will void the warranty if i decide to pull them out.
If both are at a final 2 ohm load.. you would wire as such/ followed

https://www.google.com/search?q=svc+2+ohm+wiring&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=qqt1v3ZF8RBZQM%3A%2C66ZNSMHaVt0w6M%2C_&usg=AI4_-kSjei9i-6U6sGkjevTHdul-CAd2mg&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjguvSU7s3eAhWQyIMKHSU7DIgQ9QEwAHoECAQQBA#imgrc=qqt1v3ZF8RBZQM:

You will need a 1 ohm stable amplifier/mono amplifier for the ohm load stability. That S.Qubed amplifier would be ideal for those subs, and a really reliable amplifier. I installed one in my nephews truck a few months back and its doing very well

I still havent gotten the correct information of exactly what he has
He said CompR 2 ohm in the loaded Kicker box in the original post and after that.  There are NO other options besides 2 ohms in the loaded box from Kicker period. 

Also they are the 2016 model if that changes anything
Probably not.  They have always only had 2 impedance options on that model sub and ALL the kicker round sub loaded prefab boxes come in 2 ohm because that's what ALL their amps have been designed to drive for well over a decade now.

The Soundqubed 1200W amp (or whatever they call it these days) should be really solid.  If you can wait a couple weeks they might go on sale for Black Friday (a few audio companies have nice sales).   

Of if you don't mind buying refurbished, these guys do good work and always have a good selection: https://theamplab.net/amplifiers/

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.