5 channel amp install

Participant count
  • Participant list

Battman98

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hello, I am planning on installing a 5 channel amp into my 97 gmc sierra. I have 4 pioneer door speakers, and a 12" sub, I plan on using rca cables to work all speakers and sub from the amp to an aftermarket stereo. I am also replacing all speaker wire so I can run it to the amp. Would I still need to use the factory harness for anything besides power wires? I plan on doing the install this week or this Wish me luck!

I'm onto my 3rd 5 ch amp install, so I can tell you right now those plugs would be useless. You would need to solder the new speaker wire onto the speakers or using some sort of connecter onto the terminsals of the speakers. With the exception of the HU....don't cut that harness!! There's installation kits out there on the market that have plug and play with new wires to hook up to the factory wires.

The issue is that i had my vehicle broken into so the wires were cut already. I tried installing in a new stereo but no bueno. I was gonna run speaker wire to amp then the amp comes with a rca wire kit for all 4 speakers and sub from amp to stereo. 

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.