The Chase for 160+dB Demos // Team Alphard Audio USA

My 3M full face mask was $250 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
I can sit inside my wall and fiberglass for hours without even smelling resin, lol

I've got chemical and small particle filters
$250???

Oh lawd!!

Let the sanding and fine work continue //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

We found that smearing flyweight is actually doing a better job than our expensive putty knives. Sure, we have to sand more, but it's coming out better.

2q8pk6q.jpg

30ixjpf.jpg

The dash has a new color now

15hrug.jpg

how is the humidity there? even in a closer shop here its so **** high it takes for ever for paint/glass etc to dry.. last night is was 87 degrees with 80% humidity.. **** near couldn't breath..

how is the humidity there? even in a closer shop here its so **** high it takes for ever for paint/glass etc to dry.. last night is was 87 degrees with 80% humidity.. **** near couldn't breath..
Right now its 94 with only 15% humidity... everything dries pretty quick

Sooo, the sad reality is kicking in. We only have 29 days until this car has to be completed (s-h-i-t ton that needs to get done). Our intentions of making this beast baby smooth and look perfect will simply chew up way too much time at the moment. We have elected to skimp on some of the much-needed sanding and detail work in order to make our deadline. Getting to the point of playing is much more important right now than looks. We are completely leaving the option of going back and finishing what needs to be done. But for now, we need to finish this box so we can move onto other tasks. We will try our best to touch up some areas right now and make it look better (especially the port in the near future), but we don't have an additional 4-5 days to make it look perfect.

uXiHyp0.jpg

ncQD0Xk.jpg

0aX1lBJ.jpg

WHAH33j.jpg

I agree @daily.

We really wanted a glassy smooth finish. But this deadline is creeping on us. We can always go back and rework the port later. I think the wow factor is gonna make up for it for the time being.

It's really starting to come together though.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.