The Chase for 160+dB Demos // Team Alphard Audio USA

Again. Pointless. Why have a system that no one wants to be in.Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
I built mine for myself.. I don't give a **** who can't handle it.

I feel like your hearing usnt what it used to be..
Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
Thats what all quiet people say to loud people.

Last edited by a moderator:
As @adulbrich would say, just because you can do a 160 doesn't mean you have to listen to it on the daily at 160. That's what the volume and gain knobs are for :D

What I plan on doing in my truck is giving the person the LC-1 who is getting a demo and telling them to turn it up as loud as they want. That way if they only want a 145 they can turn it up just a little, 150 turn it up more, 155 go full tilt!

Keep up the good work @ObTechAudio! The box looks incredible so far and I'm learning a lot from your build!

[quote name='The Camry']Again. Pointless. Why have a system that no one wants to be in.

As for hair tricks. Im not sure thats a product of spl numbers alone. More cone area vs frequency I believe

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

You have to be loud to do hairtricks. You have to be loud at low frequencies. It has to do with how much air you're moving, NOT cone area :fyi:

My two DD Z 18's did a better hairtrick than my three 21" Wardens. The 18's box was tuned at 27hz with 18 square inches of port per cube. Perfect for hairtricks, imo.

The 21's box was tuned at 33hz with something like 12 square inches of port per cube. Not ideal at all.

If you don't want to hear it, don't sit in the vehicle. Some people like it.

[quote name='BoogerMan']As @adulbrich would say, just because you can do a 160 doesn't mean you have to listen to it on the daily at 160. That's what the volume and gain knobs are for :D

What I plan on doing in my truck is giving the person the LC-1 who is getting a demo and telling them to turn it up as loud as they want. That way if they only want a 145 they can turn it up just a little, 150 turn it up more, 155 go full tilt!

Keep up the good work @ObTechAudio! The box looks incredible so far and I'm learning a lot from your build![/QUOTE]

Exactly what I think, lol. For demo's, I play it a click louder than what I like to listen to daily

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. I've got an RCA level controller I was thinking about extending the cables on and giving control to the passenger

[quote name='dailyrider123']@ObTechAudio OK find out the shipping cost I'm shipping my truck to you when I get everything together! Man this build is sick frfr and I know its going to be brutal! I see at least a 165db out of her[/QUOTE]

Thanks man! Send your car on over! haha

I feel like anything thats louder than tolerable on a spl vehicle is pointless. Once you have to be out of the vehicle just to have it on, it becomes stupid. .
There is a volume knob that can be used to turn down the music to make it tolerable for people that usually cannot tolerate loud boomy things.

Again. Pointless. Why have a system that no one wants to be in.
As for hair tricks. Im not sure thats a product of spl numbers alone. More cone area vs frequency I believe

Correction -- a car that YOU don't want to be in.

[quote name='BoogerMan']As @adulbrich would say, just because you can do a 160 doesn't mean you have to listen to it on the daily at 160. That's what the volume and gain knobs are for :D

Keep up the good work @ObTechAudio! The box looks incredible so far and I'm learning a lot from your build![/QUOTE]

Thanks man! Your build is hella clean. No way you're learning from this trashy thing haha

Lines ran to the Fourplay for the air ride system. This build is unique because not only are we trying to make it a 160+ demo monster, but we're trying to do it while slamming frame. The air ride system alone is a big beast.

ZcKoHI5.jpg

Terrible photo with all of the dust flying around, but the side glass pieces are fitting very nicely and how we planned. The door gasket fits perfectly over the glass.

OmMSO5s.jpg

Time to make things smooth //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

We chose to use UPOL Flyweight Gold. This stuff is the bee's knees. Sands beautifully. We had a tough time applying it in the port with all of the angles and lack of space to move around in, but it's nothing that some sanding can't fix.

h7lACKU.jpg

3zCJX4H.jpg

3b7I4rP.jpg

c0Lxu4J.jpg

OTlMd1t.jpg

---------- Post added at 10:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 AM ----------

The aftermath of some sanding...

hCfUE0P.jpg

Masks are $40 btw. Cheaper than chemo
My 3M full face mask was $250 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

I can sit inside my wall and fiberglass for hours without even smelling resin, lol

I've got chemical and small particle filters

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.