• extra battery bank

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • bigger sub

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

minicorndog

CarAudio.com Recruit
what do?

can't build custom box, rocking the skar prefab 15" box wired at 1 ohm. will switching subs make a difference? or do I need to upgrade size as well?
I had a ported 10 (same model) that was rattling my rear view mirror to where I couldnt see out of it and with this 15 it barely even thumps. more like a buzz.

much love. peace

ps. yes rocking the big 3 with a battery in the trunk.

edit: ssa XCON 15d2 on sundown 1500 amp with a RocFosgate 400 pushing the doors

looking at soundqubed hds3.2 or american bass subs loosely

Last edited:
That Xcon needs at least 1750 watts RMS to move it correctly. While the amplifier you have is good a Sundown SFB is a great amp but it isn't enough to get that 15" Xcon. That Xcon will really thump when you have the power to it especially in the correct box. You can go to Home Depot or any number of places if you buy the wood from them and they will cut the wood to your specifications if you pay them a small fee. Then you just have to glue it and screw it down. I would seriously contact @Buck and have him do you up a design for it. And get a bigger amplifier.

What size is your alt? You need a good box man, it doesn't matter what sub you have, if your box *****, your whole system *****. You have good equipment. You can't put subs like that in prefab boxes, that's a shame. I can get you a box shipped, but it's gonna cost you. We can also do cuts where you assemble the cuts, if you're interested.

Post ALL of your info up, box size, what ohm your amp is seeing from your sub, what size your alt is, your wiring, everything like that, voltage preouts from the head unit. Anything you can think of

That Xcon needs at least 1750 watts RMS to move it correctly.
I appreciate the love, man. you posted up exactly what I was afraid of. my stock alt pumps out 150amps. I was looking at a taramps smart 3k for the sub too or the new jp23 off down4soundaudio. but I'm already pumping out 1900 watts and I doubt my alt would keep up...
I'm hoping that's where you guys come in.

good looking out pointing me to @Buck. I have to make sure my priorities are straight tho and it's looking like my electrical is choking the sub

Post ALL of your info up. Anything you can think of
I appreciate it. my stock alt pumps out 150amps. pushing thru the big 3 with a battery in the trunk. looking to open bottlenecks up one at a time while avoiding as many diminishing returns as possible..
besides that I'm stock.

1ohm wiring for the sub

box is a prefab from skar audio. specs tuned at 31hz with 3.85 cubic feet.

Big 3 will help in 1/0 OFC or 1/0 Welding cable along with the correct ported box. Buck knows what he is doing as he has done several hundred if not more custom boxes.

Those 2 things will really help and improve things along with the right amplifier. Idk what exact Sundown you have but the 2k SFB puts out more then they are rated for and are not bad in price from Apex Car Audio as they are in the same building now or right next door to them so they have them in stock all the time. As they run "B" Stock with 1 year warranty on them for much cheaper then the so called "A" stock. The 3k is available as well in the "B"stock. They really are nice amplifiers.

SFB-2000D dyno test, 2,543 at 13.9 volts certified at 1ohm.

I'm leaning towards the box being the issue or the sub accidently being wired to 4ohms instead of 1. I've seen XCONS on lower power shake windshield wipers. No way a 15 inch XCON on 1500 watts should be lacking thump

Last edited:
I appreciate it. my stock alt pumps out 150amps. pushing thru the big 3 with a battery in the trunk. looking to open bottlenecks up one at a time while avoiding as many diminishing returns as possible..
besides that I'm stock.

1ohm wiring for the sub

box is a prefab from skar audio. specs tuned at 31hz with 3.85 cubic feet.

post a link to the box. idk if i trust those specs, that box should be loud, if those specs are correct. i'm truly interested to reverse engineer their box some, to see if it's accurate or not, because skar reasons.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...