• Total voters

Buck

[email protected]
Pro Seller
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
May 19, 2008
FL

Look at the size of that box, it's actually 3.75 cubes @ 28 hz. Now just look at the proportions of that box vs that skar box.

I bet it's 3.8 cubes before port and sub displacement. I bet it's like 3 cubes net or something. Idk wtf is up with the polyfill.

minicorndog

CarAudio.com Recruit
Jan 7, 2021
California
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I don't think that box is 3.8xx whatever cubes after sub and port displacement. Big red flag is putting polyfill in a box. Good boxes don't need polyfill, for car audio subwoofer. It does have a proper application, but show me one competitor that runs polyfill in their box.

If you want OP, measure the top depth, bottom depth, width and height of that enclosure, and well as the port height and width.

Look at the Icon 15 box I did, and look at the size difference. Let me see if I can find it.
i can verify the box matches their listed dimensions if that helps.

i'll check it out

minicorndog

CarAudio.com Recruit
Jan 7, 2021
California

Look at the size of that box, it's actually 3.75 cubes @ 28 hz. Now just look at the proportions of that box vs that skar box.

I bet it's 3.8 cubes before port and sub displacement. I bet it's like 3 cubes net or something. Idk wtf is up with the polyfill.
see my post in that thread.

i lack tools in order to construct a box like that unfortunately

once you put it into perspective my box is lacking

Buck

[email protected]
Pro Seller
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
May 19, 2008
FL
see my post in that thread.

i lack tools in order to construct a box like that unfortunately
I'm just showing you the box, the size of a proper 15 box. I didn't see listed dimensions on their site.

minicorndog

CarAudio.com Recruit
Jan 7, 2021
California
I'm just showing you the box, the size of a proper 15 box. I didn't see listed dimensions on their site.
the specs listed Width: 22.875", Depth 1 (bottom): 23.25", Depth 2 (top): 19.625", height: 19.75"

minicorndog

CarAudio.com Recruit
Jan 7, 2021
California
His box is lacking, but should be making more noise than the 10" that he had.
if we're talking about conspiracies here, i cranked up the bass boost and it was thumping way harder than the 15.
then she died. 🤦‍♂️ never again

i was thinking of drilling some holes to get some 8 gauge wire in the box. too many conspiracies here.

Buck

[email protected]
Pro Seller
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
May 19, 2008
FL
the specs listed Width: 22.875", Depth 1 (bottom): 23.25", Depth 2 (top): 19.625", height: 19.75"
roughly 4.5 cubes internal without displacements. The sides are inset too though, idk by how much. A 4 cube box tuned to ~32 hz should have bigger than a .5 cube port. I just did some rough math on my phone

Buck

[email protected]
Pro Seller
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
May 19, 2008
FL
if we're talking about conspiracies here, i cranked up the bass boost and it was thumping way harder than the 15.
then she died. 🤦‍♂️ never again

i was thinking of drilling some holes to get some 8 gauge wire in the box. too many conspiracies here.
That’s not gonna help. You definitely need an alt at that level of power. The box isn’t the best I bet but it still should still be alright. You might check and see if the box is falling apart too, like if any of the pieces are separating.

dragon.breath

Senior VIP Member
10+ year member
Nov 22, 2007
Al
Are you sure about your sub wiring. A subwoofer that just buzzes could be wired out of phase.

Buck

[email protected]
Pro Seller
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
May 19, 2008
FL
Are you sure about your sub wiring. A subwoofer that just buzzes could be wired out of phase.
That's a good point, he could have the polarity inversed on one of the coils.

minicorndog

CarAudio.com Recruit
Jan 7, 2021
California
🙏thanks for all the help guys, got to go out of town for the weekend. next business day i should have some evidence to report.

reporting back next week
That's a good point, he could have the polarity inversed on one of the coils.
hoping it's just the chinsy wiring. the wiring in the box coupled with whatever shop i took it to. who knows
That’s not gonna help. You definitely need an alt at that level of power. The box isn’t the best I bet but it still should still be alright. You might check and see if the box is falling apart too, like if any of the pieces are separating.
ive looked up some high output alts to no avail. my goal now is to build my system around supporting a 3k amp
i'll keep an eye out, and i have an eye out on a specific deer when the time comes
My box for a single American Bass HD15d2
bobby how much thump you get out of that thing? hit the dm's.
love the AB and how some of their subs got the ribbed surround

Reactions: Buck

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)

Latest posts

Newest threads

Most posts - Past 30 days

Latest classifieds