Votes: 0 0.0%
  • bigger amp

• extra battery bank

• bigger sub

• Total voters
He posted a link a couple posts above yours. 1,500 watts should move it you would think. Unless it is also setup wrong. And yeah I think that box is garbage. Skar Boxes are not the best quality. Then again is anything from Skar good? lol

Big 3 will help in 1/0 OFC or 1/0 Welding cable along with the correct ported box. Buck knows what he is doing as he has done several hundred if not more custom boxes.

Those 2 things will really help and improve things along with the right amplifier.

that's a great deal. the 3k looking nice.
my amp is dated, dc'd like my sub. hella reliable tho. I will prioritize that amp on my list. keeping buck in mind while my prefab holds up.

I'm leaning towards the box being the issue or the sub accidently being wired to 4ohms instead of 1. I've seen XCONS on lower power shake windshield wipers. No way a 15 inch XCON on 1500 watts should be lacking thump
i hate to admit but once i did have a sub wired to 4 ohms before and after i rewired it to 1 ohm it thumped. 🤦‍♂️ we aint stopping there tho.

edit: thumping windshield wipers? goals.

Last edited:
He posted a link a couple posts above yours. 1,500 watts should move it you would think. Unless it is also setup wrong. And yeah I think that box is garbage. Skar Boxes are not the best quality. Then again is anything from Skar good? lol
on youtube my boys say theyre good budget subs. but i wont derail the topic.

appreciate all the looking out. i'll look into upgrading amp and box to get the most out of my sub before deciding if it lacks potential or not.

Last edited:
I don't think that box is 3.8xx whatever cubes after sub and port displacement. Big red flag is putting polyfill in a box. Good boxes don't need polyfill, for car audio subwoofer. It does have a proper application, but show me one competitor that runs polyfill in their box.

If you want OP, measure the top depth, bottom depth, width and height of that enclosure, and well as the port height and width.

Look at the Icon 15 box I did, and look at the size difference. Let me see if I can find it.

Look at the size of that box, it's actually 3.75 cubes @ 28 hz. Now just look at the proportions of that box vs that skar box.

I bet it's 3.8 cubes before port and sub displacement. I bet it's like 3 cubes net or something. Idk wtf is up with the polyfill.

I don't think that box is 3.8xx whatever cubes after sub and port displacement. Big red flag is putting polyfill in a box. Good boxes don't need polyfill, for car audio subwoofer. It does have a proper application, but show me one competitor that runs polyfill in their box.

If you want OP, measure the top depth, bottom depth, width and height of that enclosure, and well as the port height and width.

Look at the Icon 15 box I did, and look at the size difference. Let me see if I can find it.
i can verify the box matches their listed dimensions if that helps.

i'll check it out

Look at the size of that box, it's actually 3.75 cubes @ 28 hz. Now just look at the proportions of that box vs that skar box.

I bet it's 3.8 cubes before port and sub displacement. I bet it's like 3 cubes net or something. Idk wtf is up with the polyfill.
see my post in that thread.

i lack tools in order to construct a box like that unfortunately

once you put it into perspective my box is lacking

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...