sundown amp high pitch noise

This is not a Sundown problem. I am willing to bet that this is a LOC or Headunit problem. Are you plugging the RCA's into the right section on the amp? There is no way that it is the sub amp pushing high pitched noises through the door speakers unless you have seriously fu-bared the install some how.
1) Are you using RCA splitters for each amp or 2 seperate RCA's ?

2) Are both of your amps grounded to the same location ?

i ****ing hope its fixable. two amps in a row seems too much.

yes im using 2 separate rca cables for each amp. ive tried runnign rcas outside the car to the sundown and same ****.

no, both amps are not grounded to the same spot.

someone else on here said sundowns need extremely good ground, so i hope thats the case, so that could be easily fixable.. knowing my luck though, that wont fix the problem.

im just worried, cus like i mentioned, the other amps ive tried with the exact same connections, worked fine.

Nothing I can think of. I'd just be really shocked if the issue is from your amp, especially two in a row. I've used Sundown amps and know several people locally who do/have as well, along with tons of people on these forums that do. I've never heard of a noise issue before though.
yeah your right, ive never heard of any such issue with sundown, and many people onhere seem to run sundowns.

No, its sounds like user error. I've never had a problem with sundown amps.
well wth is the problem

i got power

i got ground

my headunit works fine with out the sundown

and my full range and my headunit work fine together.

my hu, my full range and any other mono amp work fine all togehter.

so why not this sundown, is still my question.

i will go home in a bit and try regrounding. other than that, i dont see what else it could be.

The sundown amp has 2 sets of RCA holes. 1 is for input, the other is for output.

You're plugging your RCA's into the output sockets.

Try plugging them into the other set labeled input.

I accidentally did it once before

The sundown amp has 2 sets of RCA holes. 1 is for input, the other is for output.
You're plugging your RCA's into the output sockets.

Try plugging them into the other set labeled input.

I accidentally did it once before
lol no i already tried both.

either way, i get the same high pitch. im home and about to try and reground. im crossing my fingers that this is it

does it have the high pitch when the gains are up and when the gains are down?

is it present when playing music?

Is it there when nothing is playing?

Is it there when your playing the radio or ipod or cd or all of them?

when you had your other amp connected, how high was the volume on the headunit and what voltage were the gains set to?

does it have the high pitch when the gains are up and when the gains are down?
is it present when playing music?

Is it there when nothing is playing?

Is it there when your playing the radio or ipod or cd or all of them?

when you had your other amp connected, how high was the volume on the headunit and what voltage were the gains set to?
its present when nothing is playing, when volume is on off, when car is on or off, at any volume with any source. cd, ipod, radio. etc.; with gains at very minimum or at max high pitch is present at a consistent volume

when i had the other amp connected there was n noise at any volume, with car on or off, with any source, radio, ipod, cd.

gains were set mediumish.. point is, with my other amp there was no high pitch, no matter what the settings or vlumes, not high pitch at all.

so in conclusion:

sundown= high pitch

any other amp= NO high pitch

Have you just tried to hook an ipod up into the inputs on the amp without the radio ?

Like i said, i am 100% sure its a LOC/Headunit problem. There is no way for the Sundown to be presenting through something thats not even hooked up to it.

So the new ground did reduce it?

what are the specs on your other amp?

It is possible that because your other amp draws such a small amount of current, various improper grounds didn't do much damage.

Are the RCAs / rca inputs clean? Any stray wires sticking out anywhere?

Try taking the speaker leads out. The noise is coming from a speaker or the amp itself?

If its coming from a speaker, maybe there is a short somewhere. Check each speaker wire by putting it into the amp by itself, or by taking one out at a time. either way works.

MAKE SURE YOU DON'T TRY TO REMOVE WIRES FROM THE AMP WHILE THE AMP IS TURNED ON. SHUT THE CAR OFF COMPLETELY FIRST.

Or else you will short the amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

robertoyoung08

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
robertoyoung08
bay area, ca
Start date
Participants
Who Replied