sundown amp high pitch noise

going through the deck and full range when sub amp is plugged up thats odd especially started with the 1200 v1 then also doing it on the v2 doesnt make sense seems you need to recheck the entire install..
yeah it is odd, very. ****. go through install again? lol i just did that yesterday. i dnot see what it could be though. power is there, ground i guess i could redo. but ive tried running rcas outside the car, and that didnt work either. the high pitch isnt there if the full range arent connected, but thats obvious. i figured maybe my full range might be the one with the messed up rcas so i sent signal from the sundown to the full range throgh the sundowns outputs, but nope. same high pitch sound either way.

EXACTLY! easiest way to explain it.
It's weird because I've never heard of anyone having this noise issue with Sundown amps before. Especially from their mono amp causing noise through their door speakers. Seems fishy that it would happen twice in a row, with different model amps with two entirely different layouts.

It sounds to me like its probably your headunit; try it with a different headunit, or try grounding your headunits RCA's.

...is your old sundown amp forsale? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

It sounds to me like its probably your headunit; try it with a different headunit, or try grounding your headunits RCA's.
...is your old sundown amp forsale? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
lol nope. jacob replaced it after i figured it was the amp that was messed up

me either, ive tried searches and nothing similar. it COULD be my headunit, but how does everything work fine with any other mono amp and just not my sundown? THATS what seems more fishy, to me lol

il try grounding my headunit rcas, but ive never had to with another amp, so why this one? =(

im pissed cus this weekend was THE weekend for me. i was supposed to get this sundown in and installed and put my new box in and start breaking them in this week!! ive gone with no bass for about 2 months now cus i was waiting on the subs and box build. now i get this problems. ****ing *****

il see if i can do that. 9 stars out of 10 says thats impossible lol. cant think of anyone who i know that has a system. (not to make it sound like i dont have any friends lol) but i think none of them do have systems. il try a couple of things, if not i guess this thing is going in the garbage. il talk to jacob at sundown first. i was hoping some of you guys would have some input, and so far you have so thanks guys. but anymore things i can try before i decide to go with a different brand?

so i am still wondering how to ground rcas because i am having the same problem with the sundown 125.2 and a pioneer deck
The Pioneers are known for noise, since it's so easy to blow the pico fuse(I had the same issue with my 880prs). Wrap wire around the rca's where the connect to the back of the HU, then ground that wire somewhere. That should take care of the noise issue. There should be a thread on this exact thing, but the search may not be working properly yet. Search for "Pioneer RCA noise" and there should be a big thread from 1-2 years ago about how to fix the problem.

il see if i can do that. 9 stars out of 10 says thats impossible lol. cant think of anyone who i know that has a system. (not to make it sound like i dont have any friends lol) but i think none of them do have systems. il try a couple of things, if not i guess this thing is going in the garbage. il talk to jacob at sundown first. i was hoping some of you guys would have some input, and so far you have so thanks guys. but anymore things i can try before i decide to go with a different brand?
Nothing I can think of. I'd just be really shocked if the issue is from your amp, especially two in a row. I've used Sundown amps and know several people locally who do/have as well, along with tons of people on these forums that do. I've never heard of a noise issue before though.

This is not a Sundown problem. I am willing to bet that this is a LOC or Headunit problem. Are you plugging the RCA's into the right section on the amp? There is no way that it is the sub amp pushing high pitched noises through the door speakers unless you have seriously fu-bared the install some how.

1) Are you using RCA splitters for each amp or 2 seperate RCA's ?

2) Are both of your amps grounded to the same location ?

The Pioneers are known for noise, since it's so easy to blow the pico fuse(I had the same issue with my 880prs). Wrap wire around the rca's where the connect to the back of the HU, then ground that wire somewhere. That should take care of the noise issue. There should be a thread on this exact thing, but the search may not be working properly yet. Search for "Pioneer RCA noise" and there should be a big thread from 1-2 years ago about how to fix the problem.
just bald wire correct?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

robertoyoung08

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
robertoyoung08
bay area, ca
Start date
Participants
Who Replied