sundown amp high pitch noise

If making the ground cleaner helped, maybe you need to just run the ground from the amp directly back to the battery with another wire. That'll ensure your not getting resistance from chassis. Like someone else said, if this sundown amp is more powerful than your old clarion maybe your old clarion pulled so little power that it didnt matter if the ground was bad cause it didnt need much to make a good return. But now that you have this powerful amp the chassis is resisting enough to cause problems. take out ground connection from amp to chassis, temporarily move power wire that goes from amp to battery so you have slack for your amp to reach outside your car, and connect the ground to the battery. Let us know if you still get the noise.

Sounds like you need to re-install that deck your using. wrap and shield every connection you make behind the dash. make sure your deck is properly grounded. Make sure your not PINCHING or CUTTING the rca's somewhere. If this problem persist, then look for a ground loop isolator.

List all your equipment for us again.

Who did the deck install?

Sounds like you need to re-install that deck your using. wrap and shield every connection you make behind the dash. make sure your deck is properly grounded. Make sure your not PINCHING or CUTTING the rca's somewhere. If this problem persist, then look for a ground loop isolator.

He is using a stock deck with an LOC. Which i am 90% sure is the problem.

alright.

updates.

today was the last day i can work on it til maybe next week or the week after that

i dynamated my doors and **** does that **** make a differance! talk about 100 million times more midbass.

"the sundown problem"

i couldnt get that ***** to work!

tried rcas outside the car.

made new clean clean ground.

ran power wire outside the car.

ran rcas into sundown and then use its output to feed the full range and still noise.

the clarion i have is a dpx 11551. its supposed to be 1550 watts, but it takes higher voltages. which i dont have, on my stock alt.

so after hours of troubleshooting that ***** i gave up on it. i didnt wana be with out bass for the next two weeks so i hooked up the clarion and my mx for now.

i gave up on it and im takin it to an install shop. ****ing *****, but if i cant solve it then wtf am i supposed to do.

anyways, so after dynamatting and getting the sub in there i decided to go for a little spin. everything was sounding great. as usual my processor fuse keeps blowing when i slam the brakes too hard, or when it gets too loud for too long. so i replaced it. then suddenly i noticed that NOW when i put the rcas for the sub amp into it, i get that high pitch sound also. BUT i wasnt all day or yesterday, or while i was in the car crusing. how am i so sure it wasnt there and i wasnt just not hearing it (in case soem of u may say "you probably just werent hearing it!"), i know because as i mentioned, its a ****ing high annoying PAINFUL pitch. my ears are still hurting from last night btw.

anyways, too many small problems here and there, and im tird of messing with it. so im taking it to a good local shop. hopefully they have time for this tuesday, because i dont want to be with out sound for months again.

dont give me **** about calling sundown the problem. ive had other amps and never had such a problem. two in a row was odd. you guys had points about the amp needing better grounding than my other, so thats true. but im sure it was the sundown causing problems at the beginning. idk why NOW the headunit started being stupid or the clarion amp.

btw, im running an mtx req5 as my "hu". since ihave factory nav/radio

He is using a stock deck with an LOC. Which i am 90% sure is the problem.
hopefull you are. cus im tired of having all these dumbshit little problems everywhere. btw i also go engine noise.

**** this install is just ****ed up. idk how so many **** can go wrong

i did all the work

equipment consists of:

mtx req5 processor (fancy loc)

diamond audio d6 components (front and back)

jbl ccs full range amp

sundown sae 1200d v2 amplifier

subs:

re audio mx

or re audio se's

(dont matter cus i cant get the mono amp to work, to get them in the car anyways lol)

and the problems i have are:

engine noise

processor fuse blows when i hit the brakes too hard or audio is too loud for too long

sundown amp has high pitch (or its the hu)

Give me a good price on the sundown shipped and i might buy it from you.
lol well if i can get it to work, id rather keep it. i bought it for a reason. but if this **** dont work for me and you think you can make it work sure why not.

i c. Op needs to get a decent deck before he/she starts adding speakers amps and subs. What car you driving op???
2005 lexus gs300

i cant and wont take out my factory nave and modify everything for a deck. the **** is too complicated i think. the climate controls and radio controls are all on the screen hardware and everything is controlled by the nav screen. idk if it can be done, im sure most likely, but i like the factory look. at least on this car.

heres a link to my original install

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/car-audio-build-logs-*new*/443313-re-audio-mx-diamond-req5-lexus-gs300.html

If you want, send it to me and ill toss it on the bench in the garage and see if i get the problem. Or do the same thing yourself and see.

Did you ever hook an ipod up or something directly to the amp ?

you listed a whole lotta possibilities for issues there... strip it all out and start fresh with a new deck. take your time installing everything and do it right.

I know some guys put a second deck in the glove compartment...

Nah, but there HAS TO BE AN INTERFACE adapter.... that way you can install and aftermarket deck...

A new double din nav deck wont lookany different than stock except it will have a company name. Someone obviously makes stuff that will work in it for aftermarket. Look into Alpine and Kenwood units.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

robertoyoung08

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
robertoyoung08
bay area, ca
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies