Subwoofer Recommendation/Sound Science

I don't have the tools to make one. I don't know anyone who will make one for me. I'll look into that shredder dude.
me either and i can't cut a circle anyway lol.. if u look on fb or cl in your area u can normally find box makers.. just get good design and make sure they make it by those specs instead of just making a box that's too small and or tuned to high..

North of Orlando, near Altamonte Springs. What should I get for an enclosure then?
Look on CL or Offerup...sometimes there's some boxbuilders advertising there for business. And since Orlando is known for high humidity and increasing the summer months, people wanna get out of the house and go driving. Get a design from shredder2 you'll be happy.

me either and i can't cut a circle anyway lol.. if u look on fb or cl in your area u can normally find box makers.. just get good design and make sure they make it by those specs instead of just making a box that's too small and or tuned to high..
...or glue a surround back to the basket. Yup, had to inject that comment in there. The ******* has just been released from me....

Yep, just saw it. I knew that **** was too expensive on crutchfield lol.
Lemme know what you decide to get, what your tuning preference is, what amp you'll use and realistically the space you're willing to give up and what'll fit and I'll do what I can to help... I'm just keeping the ol' sketchup skills sharp... lol... really I'm just tryin to get faster.

Lemme know what you decide to get, what your tuning preference is, what amp you'll use and realistically the space you're willing to give up and what'll fit and I'll do what I can to help... I'm just keeping the ol' sketchup skills sharp... lol... really I'm just tryin to get faster.
I'm pretty sure I'm gonna go for a single Alpine Type-S SWS-12D4. Now I need to know how much to for a custom enclosure, and if I can't, what would be the best prefab box, as well as an amp and wiring. I'd prefer a sealed box. Tuning? What exactly do you mean? I'll update you tomorrow w/ dimensions, is there a typical price range?

I'm pretty sure I'm gonna go for a single Alpine Type-S SWS-12D4. Now I need to know where to get a custom enclosure from, and if I can't, what would be the best prefab box, as well as an amp and wiring. I'd prefer a sealed box. Tuning? What exactly do you mean? I'll update you tomorrow w/ dimensions, is there a typical price range?
lower tuned box plays lower bass needed for rap a higher tuned box (like a prefab) will sound muddy with low bass and if tuned to high with ss filter not set high enough sub can unload and mess up (had 2 orion cones rip in a orion box cause ss filter on amp only went to 25hz and box was probably tuned at 45 hz) for close to same $ u can also look at fu 750 sub like mine FU Car Audio, fu audio, fu car audio u can see alot about them on fb. FU Car Audio, fu audio, fu car audio

---------- Post added at 02:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:00 AM ----------

...or glue a surround back to the basket. Yup, had to inject that comment in there. The ******* has just been released from me....
i can now

I'm pretty sure I'm gonna go for a single Alpine Type-S SWS-12D4. Now I need to know where to get a custom enclosure from, and if I can't, what would be the best prefab box, as well as an amp and wiring.
The box is actually pretty easy to build if you got the drawings... others will tell ya the same (except Gramps)... a few cuts at the local big box home-improvement store... some drywall screws and woodglue and a drill... and to cut a circle is easy just use a jigsaw (or sabresaw) and something like this that has 2 screws a radius width apart... screw one in the center to be cut and scribe in a circle with the other... easy... then cut the circle. I'm 51, had a bad Ischemic Stroke and can still build an enclosure. If you are unsure... just ask others

hUXoQ2x.jpg

Even a mediocre job cutting and assembling will save you a ton of $$$ and sound far superior to a poor tune. I'd tune to 34-5hz and go around 2ft3 net. What amp do you plan to use?... I'm sure you'll get lots of useful advice on what amp to run... just ask.

Seriously... a box can be built for the cost of materials only... and that's saving a TON.

As far as pre-fabs go I'll let others chime in as I'm not gonna give bad advice.

shredder...a stove?! With mdf on it lol my wife would kill me if I started bringing box pieces inside.
That was taken when the "Burp box" thread was still active... that was Shredder1... some other guy... I'm single now, got a lil shop all setup to build in and in an actual garage... but I'm only tinkering around... not sellin boxes

ODd6Ds6.jpg

Remember the small apt?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.