Subwoofer Recommendation/Sound Science

Pioneer GM-D8601, 2 ohms: 500 watts x 1 chan.Daily 35hz is fine. I read up a little bit on port tuning but still don't fully grasp what it means. The simpler the build the better of course; I'm on a tighter budget.
You think something like that would be too hard?

AapKFg.jpg

exl90E.jpg

If you want the plans please private message me with an email as it's easier for me to group all the drawings together that way once I dimension and explode the thing.

That's for up to rated power and as large volume wise and low as I could tune with no power handling loss. Probably too much enclosure, but will do well on your power.

nope, sealed in most cases just has a giant peak at 40 to 55 hz in most cases while having weak output in the lower registries. Definitely not any where close to actual SQ. Unless the sub is a quality SQ linear sub that wont have peaks which is only there if you spend over 300 for the sub.
You need to learn how to model out subs in particular enclosures in winisd.

A proper sound quality designed ported/4th order or 6th order enclosure will have more bandwidth and accurate bass response than a sealed. If you have space, a 1/4 wave transmission line will outright destroy both options when it comes to sound quality.

Its all about the box design. Whatever you read about ported sounds muddy is all from noobs that have no idea what the fk they are doing.
I have a pair of home theater 15's sealed that will make you question that a sealed box can't get low

you are comparing your 8 vs your 12 and you dont even set the gain to get max output out of the sub per song played(aka active gain setting for each song's bass recording level) so your opinion on loudness is not credible.

6th orders smash sealed. gets low, plays high, plays FLAT. Same with T line and many other enclosures that completely outclass sealed.

you are comparing your 8 vs your 12 and you dont even set the gain to get max output out of the sub per song played(aka active gain setting for each song's bass recording level) so your opinion on loudness is not credible.
6th orders smash sealed. gets low, plays high, plays FLAT. Same with T line and many other enclosures that completely outclass sealed.
Lol you don’t set the gain per song. If you have to your tune is ****.

I’m comparing anything. Sealed has advantages. Ported only has one and it’s only over a few hertz.

Lol you don’t set the gain per song. If you have to your tune is ****.
I’m comparing anything. Sealed has advantages. Ported only has one and it’s only over a few hertz.
You know other things affect the pre-out voltage right? aka sub level, master volume etc... You have a IDGAF tune thats fine. I have a "I'm making every ******* song hair trick doesnt matter if its guns and roses or Future" tune. Different goals and mines is geared towards loudness. Yours is geared towards IDGAF about anything, just set and go. So no you have no jurisdiction over anything loud or actually getting full potential out of your setup.

Must be sh*t box if its only loud over a few hertz. Sounds like they didnt take any cabin gain measurements at all and just did a random box. So much for super professionals.

Again, play gunz and roses and try to achieve the same loudness as future. No? You cant? then stfu about having one setting fits all. Thats fking idiotic. But then you'll bring up oh thats not how the artist intend for it to sound like...... My response: B*tch I demo music how i want it to sound like.

There's raw proof that there's a LARGE DB gap between most songs. There is no one setting fits all when you are trying to achieve max clean output at all times. If you set it for one in the middle of the road, its fine for daily. However if you trying to be loud, then THATS a complete garbage setting for that goal.

Dude got back to me about the sub enclosure

He said $150 to build it for me. He asked where the hole for the cables should go. Is it REALLY worth the extra $100 to go ported and custom built enclosure?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.