Sub will only work if I have 1 RCA cable plugged in.

Participant count
  • Participant list
This has me quite excited... They specifically call out "Subwoofer Output"...

Seems you're definitely onto something with it possibly being firmware. I'm gonna look into performing the upgrade and see if that fixes it. Thanks so much for all of your responses and research to help me! Greatly appreciated!
Man.. That takes care of quite a few issues!! Hopefully that gets the HU working properly. Nice find. This also helps people out on this Forum that may have issues with the same HU or other HUs of the same software. Let us know if it helps man!! Thanks. Im going save that. Be nice to have a Sticky with HU Firmware updates

I appreciate all of your help thinking this through.

Since the sound quality is decent even with just 1 RCA, I might just go that route for now until I upgrade head unit. Only bummer is the head unit I have is an ILX-W650, and I paired that with a KTA-450 amp (they fit together in the double din opening like peanut butter and jelly. If I went with another head unit, I'd like to find something similar where there's a small amp that can fit behind the dash to drive the speakers separately.
Sound Digital makes a mini 2 ch that has a built in fan to keep it running cooler. This is a refurb. not sure if its still made or not?? Make have to look. I had an older Stetsom mini that had a built in fan I sold on this site to a good member. It ran a pair of Kicker 6x9s with ease in my brothers F250 Van for a good month or couple weeks until i replaced it with an old Alpine Duo-b 4 ch for front and rears. Banda 125.2 and a Smaller Stepsom 160.2 are some other smaller ones newer that do not have a fan in them

That old Stepsom was a little bity joker. Worked really nice. You could Velcro or Zip tie that under the dash, LOL

Attachments

• 20220828_143802.jpg
    20220828_143802.jpg
    650.3 KB · Views: 14
When the bass goes out, do the subs stop moving?
Yep, the subs don't move at all when both RCA cables are plugged in.

Man.. That takes care of quite a few issues!! Hopefully that gets the HU working properly. Nice find. This also helps people out on this Forum that may have issues with the same HU or other HUs of the same software. Let us know if it helps man!! Thanks. Im going save that. Be nice to have a Sticky with HU Firmware updates
I updated the firmware this morning. Unfortunately it didn't fix my issue, but maybe it'll help someone else in the future!

Sound Digital makes a mini 2 ch that has a built in fan to keep it running cooler. This is a refurb. not sure if its still made or not?? Make have to look. I had an older Stetsom mini that had a built in fan I sold on this site to a good member. It ran a pair of Kicker 6x9s with ease in my brothers F250 Van for a good month or couple weeks until i replaced it with an old Alpine Duo-b 4 ch for front and rears. Banda 125.2 and a Smaller Stepsom 160.2 are some other smaller ones newer that do not have a fan in them

That old Stepsom was a little bity joker. Worked really nice. You could Velcro or Zip tie that under the dash, LOL
Thank you for the suggestion!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...