Sub not hitting as hard as I've seen

I just got a new sundown zv4 12" subwoofer and I've seen videos on it rattling doors and flexing windshields just by itself, but mine is barely even shaking the items in my cupholders, it's brand new and running on a soundstream 3000 watt amp and In a box tuned at 32hz just wondering if anyone could help, thanks!

it's at 2 ohms and it's a ta1.3000d
With that low of power you are probly just tickling that sub. Those soundstream don't do near rated, especially at 2 ohm. Drop her down to .5 if can and be easy on gain. Read of folks running those really low ohms and being fine.

it's at 2 ohms and it's a ta1.3000d
Zero power going to that sub. you probably getting box rise up to 5-6 ohms, less than a few hundred actual watts going to the sub.

This is not saying the amp is bad, its just how the nature of subwoofer setups go. There's always box rise you have to deal with and you need a lot more power than you have right now. You need to upgrade your electrical setup and half ohm that b*tch if you even want to hope to start tickling that zv4.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.