SUB Killer

drasik
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
T.O.
Okay I did it agen. I destroyed another sub. This time it was a modified RE SE 15. I must been feeding over 1200 watts into this sucker so much that I toastesd one Coil. I mean when I took the sub out the enire coil was in pieces in the box and the sub , i've never seen anything that looked like that ever!!!

Man I need something that can keep up with my JBLamp!!

Okay I did it agen. I destroyed another sub. This time it was a modified RE SE 15. I must been feeding over 1200 watts into this sucker so much that I toastesd one Coil. I mean when I took the sub out the enire coil was in pieces in the box and the sub , i've never seen anything that looked like that ever!!!
Man I need something that can keep up with my JBLamp!!
get u a solox

so would a stroker...

personally I would feed it to my vacuum cleaner for faster result //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Or you could just try keeping the sub within it's mechanical limits......Even if your amp will produce 1200w, there's no need to feed a sub more power than what it will take.

Or you could just try keeping the sub within it's mechanical limits......Even if your amp will produce 1200w, there's no need to feed a sub more power than what it will take.
not only that oi would suggest

1. you purchase a driver which can withstand the power of your jbl 1200.1

2. dont have the gains so high

3. maybe try a smaller sealed box that way the sub's suspension will have a little more protection

not only that oi would suggest
1. you purchase a driver which can withstand the power of your jbl 1200.1

2. dont have the gains so high

3. maybe try a smaller sealed box that way the sub's suspension will have a little more protection

U know what the funny thing was, My gains were only at a quarter and my bass boost was less than one third.

No I think I'm just crazy and crave power

No I think I'm just crazy and crave power
No, I think that maybe mommy and daddy are paying for your equipment. I personally don't think it's funny when I destroy something I paid my hard-earned money for.....

I just bought a modded SE for myself, and at $230, I plan to keep it as long as I can.

i suggest putting a little more thought into the enclosure design. It's amazing what can happen to a sub in a poorly designed enclosure //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

No, I think that maybe mommy and daddy are paying for your equipment. I personally don't think it's funny when I destroy something I paid my hard-earned money for.....
I just bought a modded SE for myself, and at $230, I plan to keep it as long as I can.
Lone Ranger I don't mean to sound like an ass, but u need to sux a &*(@. If you read my profile you would kno that I'm not some little itty bitty baby that Mommy and Daddy needs to take care of. I mean who the F*&^ are you to tell me shyt like that. I've been into car audio for more than 10 years now, u know back when you were proly wearing diapers.

I've worked hard for my shyt, I finshed high school spent 4 years in University busting my ass off. Worked for minimun wage after I graduated and then got a kick ass job that pays me very very well. Hell I'm being paid right now as we speak to reply to you. That's why I can afford to blow a speaker, cuz I can buy a new one right now or have mine repaired.

I have bills to pay, a mortage to keep and a child to feed, so don't u ever try to say that shyt about me. You don't kno me so don't say a word.....frig u should just apologize.

i think a xxx would do.
i'd recommend keeping the bass boost off. tends to cause some distortion.
Yeah i think maybe I'll go with a XXX or a Brahma or just try and get the sub recoiled. The other coil is still working

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.