Sub enclosure

Copr

CarAudio.com Newbie
Aug 1, 2020
Illinois
so i have a 18 jeep compass. I was curious on about bulding a possible flase floor and using the majority of the space beneath the cargo cover for an enclosure. My question is would i lose any output(not into the spl) i seen a video about caf building a similiar enclosure to what mind would be. But a buddy pointed out that it may work cause it is using the trunk as a bounce off. But also reccommended doing a down fire. So could i have them fire upwards thru the false floor or would it be better to have them downfire into the wheel well

hispls

CarAudio.com Veteran
10+ year member
Sep 10, 2009
Cape Cod, Massachusetts
The sound wave coming from front and back side of the cone is the same. Mounting inverted is only about either looks or mounting depth.

If you plan to use some sort of spare tire well or similar for an enclosure be aware it'll need reinforcing. People use some combination of wood and fiberglass to pull this off. It is also important to make sure you have adequate airspace in the enclosure.

All that said, spare tire well is not optimum position for a sub but it's a good option for space saving/stealth builds.

OP
C

Copr

CarAudio.com Newbie
Aug 1, 2020
Illinois
The sound wave coming from front and back side of the cone is the same. Mounting inverted is only about either looks or mounting depth.

If you plan to use some sort of spare tire well or similar for an enclosure be aware it'll need reinforcing. People use some combination of wood and fiberglass to pull this off. It is also important to make sure you have adequate airspace in the enclosure.

All that said, spare tire well is not optimum position for a sub but it's a good option for space saving/stealth builds.
It would built built out of plywood all around just in the spare tire well. And im not big into spl but its the only way i can think of adding 2 10s or one 10 instead of my one 8 inch. I cant give it anymore cargo area. And under the cargo shelf there is quite a bit of space so thought it may work

OP
C

Copr

CarAudio.com Newbie
Aug 1, 2020
Illinois
FIguring out how much NET volume you have for a box is critical in deciding what is going to perform properly for you.
I know u havent ordered anything yet wont till i find out if i can even fit and have enough air space. Was thinking the level 1 dc audio 10s. Or 2 10 ab xrs. The only thing is is i go xrs theyd be grossely under power by half. And the dc audios would be over powered a little the amp is a ct at900.1 wired to 1 ohm

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 9)

• C

Trending Topics