I'm back at it! HDX3 12 Build

Participant count
  • Participant list

I'mPoor:(

SoundQubed Is Life.
So, i'm getting back into the audio game. Planning on doing a ported box sealed from the trunk. I have roughly 4-6cu feet to work with, I'm working in WinISD right now but it has been a long time since I have designed (back in 2015). What is the recommended air velocity at your peak DB? Also where would you recommend to have DB roll off?

I'm not so interested in below (30hz) due to the fact i'm a little limited in air space and sticking with two 12s. I have a firm DB roll off at 29Hz right now, peaking at 35Hz, rolling back down at 53Hz.

If I tune to 30hz, roll off below 0db starts around 27.7Hz and then starts rolling back down at 40hz after peaking at 31Hz.

Would love to hear some ideas, maybe I need some sense knocked into me :) and my logic is flawed.

Setup: 2018 Honda Civic 4 Door, Two HDX3 12's, Taramps Smart 3, H/O Alt, G31, Dayton DSP.

Last edited:
So, i'm getting back into the audio game. Planning on doing a ported box sealed from the trunk. I have roughly 4-6cu feet to work with, I'm working in WinISD right now but it has been a long time since I have designed (back in 2015). What is the recommended air velocity at your peak DB? Also where would you recommend to have DB roll off?

I'm not so interested in below (30hz) due to the fact i'm a little limited in air space and sticking with two 12s. I have a firm DB roll off at 29Hz right now, peaking at 35Hz, rolling back down at 53Hz.

If I tune to 30hz, roll off below 0db starts around 27.7Hz but then starts rolling back at 40hz when peaking at 31Hz.

Would love to hear some ideas, maybe I need some sense knocked into me :) and my logic is flawed.

Setup: 2018 Honda Civic 4 Door, Two HDX3 12's, Taramps Smart 3, H/O Alt, G31, Dayton DSP.
I'd think once its in there and sealed off your cabin is gonna augment those lows a ton, especially with HDX... Tuning 30hz WILL extend quite a bit lower in car (low 20's?) and leave some Spl on the table Imo. Its a tradeoff that people decide to make all the time. If those lows are not super important maybe tune 34-35hz?.. that way you'll still have some fun when demoing or whatever... lol
Personally I watch velocity level depending on power and keep it higher if the suspension is at or near its limits under full power... 100fps max... idk... works for me. Or you can resize the enclosure a touch to help excursion and that naturally lowers velocities a little IME.
Otherwise 75-80fps is a nice place if powering within the drivers limits.

If I tune to 30hz, roll off below 0db starts around 27.7Hz and then starts rolling back down at 40hz after peaking at 31Hz.

change your name to "I'm Rich:)" mr million dollar deal maker lmfao.

I'd think once its in there and sealed off your cabin is gonna augment those lows a ton, especially with HDX... Tuning 30hz WILL extend quite a bit lower in car (low 20's?) and leave some Spl on the table Imo. Its a tradeoff that people decide to make all the time. If those lows are not super important maybe tune 34-35hz?.. that way you'll still have some fun when demoing or whatever... lol
Personally I watch velocity level depending on power and keep it higher if the suspension is at or near its limits under full power... 100fps max... idk... works for me. Or you can resize the enclosure a touch to help excursion and that naturally lowers velocities a little IME.
Otherwise 75-80fps is a nice place if powering within the drivers limits.

Thanks for the info I will get to work on looking at that info in WinISD and see what I can come up with.

change your name to "I'm Rich:)" mr million dollar deal maker lmfao.

Bahahaha

Which are you guys feelin?

agwKKGJ.png

or
c5wL9mP.png

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.