Participant count
  • Participant list

NarrowJojo

CarAudio.com Newbie
My Sub setup:
Sub: JBL Stage 1200B
Amp: JBL GXA3001
H/U: KMM-BT304

Hello, I've had this sub setup for a while but have had this problem for the whole time. Whenever I put the head unit volume up past 28 specifically the amplifier will fault and cut the sub. Once turned down below 28 it resumes as usual. The odd thing is that I could be playing a song with no bass, subwoofer set low as and it will still cut out anywhere above 28. But then at 27 I can turn the subwoofer level in the head unit up to +10 and make the subwoofer distort with specific songs, but it won't cut out. So with no load but the volume turned up it will still cut out. Any ideas on a fix for this?
Cheers

My Sub setup:
Sub: JBL Stage 1200B
Amp: JBL GXA3001
H/U: KMM-BT304

Hello, I've had this sub setup for a while but have had this problem for the whole time. Whenever I put the head unit volume up past 28 specifically the amplifier will fault and cut the sub. Once turned down below 28 it resumes as usual. The odd thing is that I could be playing a song with no bass, subwoofer set low as and it will still cut out anywhere above 28. But then at 27 I can turn the subwoofer level in the head unit up to +10 and make the subwoofer distort with specific songs, but it won't cut out. So with no load but the volume turned up it will still cut out. Any ideas on a fix for this?
Cheers
Check your grounds! Both head unit and amp. I had this issue before and it was a grounding issue. Ground wire made enough contact to play low volume but once turned up, wasn’t enough and amp had no output. Just my experience.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...